Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting
held on Thursday 18th July 2019 in the Village Hall, Shrubland Road at 7.30pm
Councillor J Cambridge (Vice Chairman of Committee)
Councillor G Carter
Councillor R Frost
Councillor F Kent
Councillor P Nutter
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk
One Member of the Public was present
In the absence of the Chairman of the Committee – Councillor Chaplin, the Vice Chairman – Councillor Cambridge chaired the Meeting.
1. Welcome and Apologies for absence – Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Chaplin, Howell, Peacock and Turner. Also District Councillor Coley.
2. Declarations of Interest – There were no declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Planning Committee Meeting – The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 20th June 2019 were received, considered and agreed following the vote. (Signed copy in Minute Book).
4. Matters Arising/Updates from Previous Minutes – There were no matters arising or updates.
5. The Committee noted Planning Decisions as follows:
a) 19/00529/FUL and 19/00530/LBC – Cherry Tree Cottage, Clacton Road, Horsley Cross – Proposed single storey rear extension to form an orangery – It was noted that the LPA has Refused these applications.
b) 19/00792/TCA – Firtree House, 1 Erskine Road – 4 No. Western Red Cedar – Remove – It was noted that the LPA has Approved this by delegated decision.
c) 18/01644/FUL – Land adjacent 142 Harwich Road – 2-9 Heathview Close – Proposed erection of 8 dwellings on land forming part of development previously approved under 11/00037/FUL – to that the LPA has Approved this proposal.
6. Planning Applications/Proposals received from the LPA (Local Planning Authority):
a) 19/00539/DETAIL – Land to the south of Long Road and to the west of Clacton Road – RESERVED MATTERS Application Pursuant to Outline Planning Permission 17/01537/OUT – Phase 2 – 204 Dwellings and Four Commercial Buildings, plus associated roads, driveways, parking, footpaths, landscaping and ancillary works – A discussion ensued regarding the various phases of this scheme, the fact that the location is at the highest point in Mistley and will be quite visible, the details of the previous Appeal, concerns about volumes of traffic, speeding vehicles and insufficient parking spaces allocated.
Following the vote, the Parish Council made No Comment.
b) 19/00768/FUL – Church Farm House, Heath Road – Proposed front porch and new cart lodge to rear – Following the vote, the Committee considered that this application should be Approved.
c) 19/00941/TCA – 3 Millers Reach – 1 No Bay Tree – fell, 1 variegated Holly – fell – Following the vote, the Committee considered that this application should be referred to the LPA’s Tree Officer under delegated powers.
d) 19/00942/TCA – 20 Harwich Road – 1 No Conifer hedge on right boundary – reduce by 40%, 1 No. Conifer hedge on left boundary – reduce by 30% – Following the vote, the Committee considered that this application should be Approved, where the work to the Conifers is welcomed.
e) 19/00937/FUL – Land to the South of Pound Corner, Harwich Road – Removal of conditions 16 and 17 of approval 15/01787/FUL as bus stops no longer necessary or required – Following the vote, the Committee considered that the application should be Approved.
7. Planning Applications received from the LPA after Agenda distributed
a) 19/01004/TPO – 1 Rosewood Park – 2 No Holly – reduce in height back to previous cutting points and shape in the sides – Following the vote, the Committee considered that this application should be referred to the LPA’s Tree Officer under delegated powers.
b) 19/01005/TCA – 2 Barley Close – 1 No Robinia – reduce up to 3m, 1 No Downey Birch – reduce up to 2m – Following the vote, the Committee considered that this application should be referred to the LPA’s Tree Officer under delegated powers.
c) 19/00978/OUT – Land to the East of New Road – Variation of condition 4 of application 17/00004/OUT (approved at appeal APP/P1560/W/17/3176089) to amend the approved layout – From the limited information received, The Committee noted that there would appear to be insufficient infrastructure in place, especially the location of the nearest bus stop which is quite remote from the proposed development. Following the vote, the Committee agreed that there is insufficient information available for it to make an informed comparison and recommendation to the LPA. Further detail is requested, including the location and position of affordable housing which is not clear in the detail received.
d) 19/01028/NMA – 2 Millers Reach – Non-material amendment of approved application
e) 18/01226/FUL to change doors/screens, roof lantern and “North Light” window from timber sections painted cream to aluminium profiled power coated “grey” – The Committee noted that this non-material amendment has been received for information only.
8. 19/0922/AGRIC – Dickley Hall, Dickley Hall Chse – Proposed straw storage builading – The Committee noted that the LPA has asked the applicant to provide details of the proposed work.
9. Public Inquiry – APP/P1560/W/19/3220201 – Land to The South of Long Road and to West of Clacton Road Mistley – Outline application with all matters reserved, other than strategic access points onto the public highway, for the erection of up to 485 dwellings, up to 2 hectares of employment land (A2/A3/B1/B2; B8; D1 uses), with associated public open space and infrastructure – 17/01181/OUT – The Committee noted that the Public Inquiry into the appeal will take place on 6 August 2019, in the Council Chamber, Weeley Council Offices commencing at 10am. Councillor Cambridge agreed to attend on behalf of the Parish Council. The Clerk advised that Mr M Rayner, local resident has indicated that he would be willing to attend on behalf of local residents. The Clerk was asked to contact District Councillor Coley and Guglielmi to ask if they will also attend the Public Inquiry.
10. Date of Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 15th August 2019 – 7.30pm – Village Hall, Mistley.