MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 7th January 2021 – 7.30pm via the Zoom platform
Councillor J Cambridge (Chairman of the Committee)
Councillor S Coiley
Councillor R Frost
Councillor C Howell
Councillor P Nutter (Vice Chairman of the Committee)
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk
District Councillor Coley
The Meeting was recorded. The Parish Council complies fully with the GDPR.
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Carter (technical issues), Councillor Chaplin (illness), Councillor Kent (childcare issues), Councillor Lawry (work), and Councillor Peacock (technical issues). These were accepted by the Committee. Councillor Smith was not present and did not send an apology for absence.
2. Public Voice – No Members of the Public were present.
3. Declarations of Interest – There were no declarations of interest.
4. Minutes of the Previous Planning Committee Meeting – The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on the 3rd December 2020 were received, considered, and agreed following the vote. (Signed copy in Minute Book). (Proposed by Councillor Howell and seconded by Councillor Frost).
5. Matters Arising/Updates from Previous Minutes – Minute Number 8 – 20/01429/DETAIL – Land South of Harwich Road – Reserved matters application for the erection of up to 100 dwellings with associated vehicular access, landscaping, open space, car parking and pedestrian links – The Committee received and noted the correspondence from our District Councillor Members sent to the developers – Hopkin’s Homes.
6. The Committee noted Planning Decisions as follows:
a) 20/01/1225/OUT – Land adjacent Church Farm House, Heath Road – Proposed erection of one detached dwelling – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
b) 20/0160/TELLI – Water Tower, Clacton Road, Horsely Cross (cross-boundary) – Proposal to add 1 no. GPS node and add 3 no. additional antennas on the existing structure – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
c) 20/01180/FUL – 9 Brunswick Gardens – Proposed installation of upvc conservatory to rear of bungalow – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
d) 20/01565/TCA – Mistley Cricket Club, New Road – 3 No Common Lime – reduce by approx. 40% and crown lift to 6m, 1 No. Common Ash – fell multiple trunks and prevent regrowth, 1 No Common Lime – fell, 2 No English Oak – reduce by approx. 40% and crown lift to 6m, 1 No Common Ash – reduce by approx. 40% and crown lift to 6m, and 1 No Silver Birch – reduce crown by approx. 25% – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
e) 20/01568 – Acorn Village, Mistley Hall – Removal of dead overhanging branches to Clacton Road boundary and removal of 1 o Lime. Lift dead wood from 4 No. trees to rear of Mistley Wood bungalow – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
f) 20/01406/FUL – Fairhaven, 51 Harwich Road – Two storey side and rear elevations, extended front bay windows, amended porch, enlarged chimney stack and general alterations –The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
g) 20/01625/TCA – Crisp Maltings Group Ltd – 1 No Silver Maple – remove lower branches overhanging building. 1 No. Horse Chestnut – remove dead limbs, approx. 30% of crown. 2 Unknown Species and group – remove limbs protruding towards grain storage bins and fallen tree. Mixed Species around boundary – remove limbs overhanging and general works – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
h) Seafield House, School Lane – 1 No. Elm – lop, 3 No. Silver Birch Saplings – Remove – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
7. Planning Applications/Proposals received from the LPA (Local Planning Authority):
a) 20/01633/FUL – Mistley Manor, 2 Long Road – Extension to Care Home to create extra space for laundry facilities – Following the vote, the Committee asked the Clerk to establish if an extension to timeframes can be given by the LPA as there is no information online about this proposal. The Committee cannot make any recommendations without access to any of the detail about the application. (Proposed by Councillor Cambridge and seconded by Councillor Nutter).
b) 20/01689/TCA – 4 Harwich Road – 1 No Birch – remove – Following the vote, the Committee recommended that the Tree and Landscape Officer of the LPA makes a decision under the LPA’s scheme of delegation. (Proposed by Councillor Cambridge and seconded by Councillor Frost).
8. Planning Applications received from the LPA after Agenda distributed- There were no new applications.
9. Public Inquiries, Appeals or Enforcement Matters – The Committee noted that there were no new updates.
10. Date of Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 4th February 2021 – 7.30pm – Via the Zoom platform – This Meeting was noted.
There being no further business the Meeting closed at 8.03pm.