MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 5th November 2020 – 7.30pm via the Zoom platform
Councillor B Burton
Councillor J Cambridge (Chairman of the Committee)
Councillor G Carter
Councillor J Chaplin
Councillor R Frost
Councillor C Howell
Councillor P Nutter (Vice Chairman of the Committee)
Councillor I Peacock
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk
District Councillor Coley
No Members of the Public were present
The Chairman reminded attendees that the Meeting will be recorded.
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Coiley (meeting clash), Frost (family), and Kent (family). These apologies were accepted by the Committee. Councillor Smith was not present and did not send an apology for absence. The Chairman advised that this Meeting will be recorded.
2. Public Voice – No Members of the Public were present.
3. Declarations of Interest – Councillor Cambridge – the Chairman of the Committee declared a personal interest under agenda item numbered 7 c) as his parents are neighbours of the applicant.
4. Minutes of the Previous Planning Committee Meeting – The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on the 1st October 2020 were received, considered and agreed following the vote. (Proposed by Councillor Nutter and seconded by Councillor Chaplin). (Signed copy in Minute Book).
5. Matters Arising/Updates from Previous Minutes – There were no updates.
6. The Committee noted Planning Decisions as follows:
a) 20/00388/LBC (Listed Building Consent) – 8 The Green – Proposed urgent repairs to roof. Batton removed and replace and tiles reused where possible – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
b) 20/00812/FUL – Mistley Norman Church of England Primary School – Replacement of low-level boundary fencing, gates and internal and external perimeter fencing with weld mesh fencing – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
c) 20/01051/FUL – The Wagon, New Road – Proposed single storey front porch extension – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
d) 20/01287/AGRIC – New Hall, Clacton Road, Horsley Cross – Agricultural Reservoir – The Committee noted determination prior approval not required.
7. Planning Applications/Proposals received from the LPA (Local Planning Authority):
a) 20/01287/AGRIC – New Hall, Clacton Road, Horsley Cross – Proposed agricultural reservoir – For information only. The Committee noted the details.
b) 20/01265/ADV – Land East of New Road – Proposed aluminium frame
“Welcome” monolith sign and “Coming Soon” stack sign – Following the vote, the Committee raised no objection, (proposed by Councillor Burton and seconded by Councillor Howell).
c) 20/00648/FUL – Crown Building, Former Secret Bunker, Shrubland Road – Revisions – Variation of conditions 2, 4, 5 and 6 of application 12/00109/FUL (approved on appeal APP/P1560/A/13/2197833) to amend approved details to dwellings and landscaping layout in conjunction with design changes to the required highway improvements. Following the vote, proposed by Councillor Burton and seconded by Councillor Howell, it was agreed to ask the LPA for an extension to timeframes, given that there is currently insufficient information available for any recommendations to be made on these revisions.
Councillor Nutter the Vice Chairman of the Committee took the Chair for the following item
d) 20/01430/TCA – 16 Seafield Avenue – 1 No Holly – reduce height by at least 2.5m. 2 No Sycamore – reduce height by at least 2.5m. 1 No. Sycamore – remove – Following the vote, the Committee recommended that the Tree and Landscape Officer from the LPA makes a decision under the LPA’s scheme of delegation, (proposed by Councillor Burton and seconded by Councillor Howell). Councillor Cambridge abstained from the vote, given his declared personal interest.
Councillor Cambridge the Chairman of the Committee returned to Chair the Meeting from this point.
8. Planning Applications received from the LPA after Agenda distributed
a) 20/01418/FUL – 7 Barley Close – Proposed single storey rear extension – Following the vote, the Committee recommended approval, (proposed by Councillor Chaplin and seconded by Councillor Burton). The flat extension was noted, and the Committee considered that suitable materials should be sympathetic and should enhance this dwelling in the Conservation Area.
b) 20/01406/FUL – Fairhaven, 51 Harwich Road – Two storey side and rear elevations, extended front bay windows, amended porch, enlarged chimney stack and general alterations – Following the vote, the Committee recommended approval, (proposed by Councillor Chaplin and seconded by Councillor Burton). The Committee noted the supportive comments from one of the neighbours, that the plot has a big footprint and that the large symmetrical extension would be suitable for the site.
c) 20/01517/TCA – The Park, Adjacent to 2 Mayflower Mews, New Road – 1 No Holly – cut back to allow maintenance of BT lines – Following the vote, the Committee recommended that this matter be referred to the LPA’s Tree and Landscape Officer for a decision under the LPA’s scheme of delegation,
(proposed by Councillor Chaplin and seconded by Councillor Burton).
d) 20/01474/NMA – Mistley Clinic, New Road – Non-material amendment to approved application 20/00521/FUL to allow relocation of proposed front entrance porch – The Committee noted the non-material amendment for information only.
9. Public Inquiries, Appeals or Enforcement Matters – The Committee noted that there were no new updates.
10. Section 106 Developer Agreement with the LPA – The Committee noted that the allotment land as part of the Hopkins Homes development and the Section 106 agreement requires that 89 dwellings need to be occupied prior to the transfer of the allotment land to the Parish Council. On the 29th October 2020 only 45 dwellings were occupied. The Committee also noted that for the cycling provision, 44 dwellings need to be occupied as the trigger point.
11. Date of Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 3rd December 2020 – 7.30pm – Via the Zoom platform – This Meeting was noted.
There being no further business the Meeting closed at 8.06pm.