MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 3rd March 2022 – 7.30pm Mistley Village Hall
Councillor G Carter
Councillor J Chaplin
Councillor P Cunningham
Councillor P Nutter (Chairman of the Committee)
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Bell (working), Councillor Coiley (unwell), Councillor Frost (work), Councillor Howell (work), Councillor Kent (family), Councillor Meston (family), and Councillor Peacock (unwell).
2. Public Voice – No Members of the Public were present.
3. Declarations of Interest – None.
4. Minutes of the Previous Planning Committee Meeting – The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on the 3rd February 2022 were received, considered and agreed following the vote. (Proposed by Councillor Cunningham and seconded by Councillor Carter). (Copy in the Minute Book and on the Website).
5. Matters Arising/Updates from Previous Minutes – There were no matters.
6. The Committee noted Planning Decisions from the LPA (Local Planning Authority) as follows:
a) 22/00020/TCA – Honeypot House, 25 New Road – 1 No. London Plane – Pollard back to previous points – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
b) 22/00021/TCA – 53 California Road – 1 No. Sycamore – remove – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
c) 22/00102/TCA – 14 Malthouse Road, Manningtree (cross-boundary) – 1 No Silver Birch – crown lift by 6 lowest branches – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
d) 21/01954/VOC – Land South of Harwich Road – Variation of Condition 1. (Plans) of application 20/01429/DETAIL to amend the layout of 4 apartments (plots 26-29) – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
7. Planning Applications/Proposals received from the LPA (Local Planning Authority):
a) 22/00113/FUL – 4 Long Road – Proposed replacement of existing conservatory with new two storey extension – Following the vote, the Committee agreed to recommend approval.
(Proposed by Councillor Cunningham and seconded Councillor Carter).
b) 21/02028/FULHH – 46 New Road – Proposed front canopy, single storey side extension, and single storey rear extension – Revisions – The Council noted that this has already been approved by the LPA.
c) 22/00288/TCA – Honeypot House, 25 New Road – 1 No. Cedar – Prune overhanging limbs by up to 2 metres – Following the vote, the Committee recommended approval of this application. (Proposed by Councillor Cunningham and seconded by Councillor Carter).
d) 22/00240/LUPROP- 116 Harwich Road – Proposed single storey side extension – The Committee noted the details. (For information only).
e) 22/00199/FUL – 1 Harwich Road – Proposed conversion of existing space to provide 1 bedroom self-contained flat with parking and access to communal amenity area – Following the vote, the Committee recommended approval of this application. (Proposed by Councillor Carter and seconded Councillor Chaplin).
f) 22/00281/LUPROP – The Foremans House, The Walls – Proposed removal of RHS chimney stack. New open porch to rear, with side door to utility to be changed to a window. Rear utility window to be changed to a door – The Committee noted the details. (For information only).
8. Planning Applications received from the LPA after Agenda distributed – There were no applications.
9. Public Inquiries, Appeals or Enforcement Matters – Appeal – 20/01484/OUT – Land to the South of Long Road – The Committee noted that this was dismissed on the 7 February 2022.
10. Essex MLP Review – Policy S6 engagement & Call for Sites – The Council received and considered the details and noted the timescales – 11 February and 25 March 2022. A discussion took place, but the Committee considered that there were no matters relevant to Mistley.
11. Date of Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 7th April 2022 – 7.30pm – Mistley Village Hall – This Meeting was noted.
There being no further business the Meeting closed at 8.02pm.