MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 3rd June 2021 – 7.30pm Mistley Village Hall
Councillor J Cambridge (From Minute Number 1 Chairman of the Committee)
Councillor G Carter
Councillor J Chaplin
Councillor R Frost
Councillor M Lawry
Councillor P Nutter (From Minute Number 2 Vice Chairman of the Committee)
Councillor I Peacock
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk
No Members of the Public were present.
The current Chairman of the Committee – Councillor Cambridge took chaired for the first item.
1. Nomination of Chairman of the Committee – To nominate – Councillor Cambridge was nominated to serve as Chairman for the ensuing year. (Proposed by Councillor Frost, seconded by Councillor Peacock and agreed following the vote).
2. Nomination of Vice Chairman of the Committee – To nominate – Councillor Nutter was nominated to serve as Vice Chairman for the ensuing year. (Proposed by Councillor Frost, seconded by Councillor Peacock and agreed following the vote).
3. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – An apology for absence was received from Councillor Howell (work). This was accepted. Councillors Bell, Coiley and Kent were not present and did not give apologies for absence.
4. Public Voice – No Members of the Public were present.
5. Declarations of Interest – Councillor Cambridge declared a pecuniary interest under 21/00632/FUL – 124 Stourview Avenue. He took no part in the discussion or subsequent vote.
6. Minutes of the Previous Planning Committee Meeting – The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on the 6th May 2021 were received, considered and agreed following the vote. (Proposed by Councillor Nutter and seconded by Councillor Carter). (Copy in Minute Book and on Website).
7. Matters Arising/Updates from Previous Minutes – There were no matters raised.
8. The Committee noted Planning Decisions as follows:
a) 20/00782/OUT – Land South of Long Road – Outline planning with all matters reserved except for access for up to 76 dwellings and associated roads, hardstanding, fencing, outbuildings, and drainage – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
b) 21/00070/FUL – The Swan Basin – Proposal to place original 18th Century Milestone and replace 19th Century Milestone Marker – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
c) 21/00532/TPO – Acorn Village – 1 No. Chilean Pine (Monkey Puzzle – remove – The Committee noted that the LPA has refused this application.
d) 21/00599/FUL – Wisteria House, Heath Road – Proposed single storey side and rear extension – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
9. Planning Applications/Proposals received from the LPA (Local Planning Authority):
a) 21/00625/FUL – Mistley Manor, 2 Long Road – Proposed single storey building, adjacent to rear car park, to form a pandemic waiting room – The Committee recommended approval following the vote. (Proposed by Councillor Cambridge and seconded by Councillor Nutter).
Councillor Nutter (Vice Chairman) chaired the Meeting for the next item, given Councillor Cambridge’s pecuniary interest as Chairman of the Committee.
b) 21/00632/FUL – 124 Stourview Avenue – Erection of single storey side and rear extension (following demolition of existing conservatory) and relocation of garage – The Committee recommended approval following the vote. (Proposed by Councillor Chaplin and seconded by Councillor Frost).
Councillor Cambridge (Chairman) returned to chair the Meeting.
c) 21/00774/FUL – Eyrie, Clacton Road, Horsley Cross – Proposed single storey porch extension, two storey side extension and single extension – The Committee recommended deferring this proposal following the vote, due to insufficient information with no floor plans or elevations to view and consider The Committee noted that the Clerk asked the LPA to upload the information onto its planning portal. (Proposed by Councillor Cambridge and seconded by Councillor Frost).
10. Planning Applications received from the LPA after Agenda distributed
• 21/00921/FUL – 12 Kiln Lane – Proposed single storey rear extension and glazed canopy – The Committee recommended approval following the vote. (Proposed by Councillor Frost and seconded by Councillor Lawry).
11. Public Inquiries, Appeals or Enforcement Matters –
• Appeal Decision – 19/01830/FUL – Land adjacent Lower Park, The Walls, Mistley – Appeal Ref: APP/P1560/W/20/3259779 – The Committee noted that the appeal was dismissed by the Inspector on the 19th May 2021. The Committee reaffirmed its previous views and observations where it is considered that this application should be refused. Refusal being on the grounds that the proposal will have an adverse effect on the character of the area and the local amenity, and the proposed development would not be sustainable”. Added to this, the area is now part of the AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty).
12. Date of Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 1st July 2021 – 7.30pm – Mistley Village Hall – This Meeting was noted.
There being no further business the Meeting closed at 8.20pm.