MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 1st July 2021 – 7.30pm Mistley Village Hall
Councillor J Cambridge (Chairman of the Committee)
Councillor G Carter
Councillor R Frost
Councillor C Howell
Councillor P Nutter (Vice Chairman of the Committee)
Councillor I Peacock
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Bell (work), Councillor Chaplin (family), Councillor Coiley (annual leave), Councillor Kent (family illness), and Councillor Lawry (work).
2. Public Voice – No Members of the Public were present.
3. Declarations of Interest – Councillor Cambridge declared a pecuniary interest under 8 b) 21/00662/FUL – 24 Erskine Road as he is the applicant’s agent.
4. Minutes of the Previous Planning Committee Meeting – The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on the 3rd June 2021 were received, considered and agreed following the vote. (Proposed by Councillor Frost and seconded by Councillor Peacock). (Copy in Minute Book and on Website).
5. Matters Arising/Updates from Previous Minutes – There were no matters.
6. The Committee noted Planning Decisions from the LPA (Local Planning Authority) as follows:
a) 21/00408/LBC (Listed Building Consent) – 12 The Green – Proposed creation of two openings on side elevation to facilitate installation of 2 no. sliding sash windows – The Committee noted that the LPA (Local Planning Authority) has refused this application.
b) 21/00563/FUL – 63 Harwich Road – Proposed conversion of adjacent garage into retail space. (Use Class E (a). (Formerly Use Class A1) – To note that the LPA has agreed this application.
c) 21/00625/FUL – Mistley Manor, 2 Long Road – Proposed single storey building, adjacent to the rear car park to form a pandemic waiting room – To note that the LPA has agreed this application.
d) 21/00632/FUL – 124 Stourview Avenue – Erection of single storey side and rear extension (following demolition of existing conservatory and relocation of garage) – To note that the LPA has agreed this application.
7. Planning Applications/Proposals received from the LPA (Local Planning Authority):
a) 21/00982/TCA – The Hollies, 18 New Road, Mistley – Line of Trees – to be tidied up and when overhanging structures (wall, outhouses) to be trimmed back to boundary. 1 No. Holly tree – To have crown lifted and tidied up. 1 No. Fig tree – to be tidied up and cut back. Laurel trees/shrubs – To be tidied up and cut back. Line of Sycamore and Beech trees – To have crown lifted and trimmed to reduce shading of garden. 1 No. Sycamore tree – To be removed. Fire Thorn tree shrub
– To be tidied up. Magnolia, Cherry and Damson trees – Pruned as appropriate. 1 No. Damson tree – To be tidied up – Following the vote, the Committee recommended referring this application to the LPA’s Tree and Landscape Officer under the LPA’s scheme of delegation. (Proposed by Councillor Frost and seconded by Councillor Howell).
b) 21/01027/FUL -1-31 Secret Bunker, Shrubland Road – Variation of Condition 8 (Amended Design Changes to the Highway Works on Harwich Road and Access into the Site) of planning permission ref: 20/00648/FUL (Variation on appeal APP/P1560/A/13/2197833) to amend approved details of dwellings and landscaping layout in conjunction with design changes to the required highway improvements), to ensure occupation occurs unit S278 works are complete – The Committee simply noted these details.
8. Planning Applications received from the LPA after Agenda distributed
a) 21/00686/FUL – Pear Tree Cottage, Clacton Road, Horsley Cross – Erection of fence and gate between driveway and rear garden to create enclosed rear garden
– Following the vote, the Committee recommended approval. (Proposed by Councillor Cambridge and seconded by Councillor Nutter).
In view of his declared interest under Minute Number 3 above, Councillor Cambridge – the Chairman of the Committee left the Chair for the next item. Councillor Nutter – the Vice Chairman of the Committee Chaired the Meeting for the next item only.
b) 21/00662/FUL – 24 Erskine Road – Proposed hardwood greenhouse with attached shed with a red brick base – Following the vote, the Committee recommended approval. (Proposed by Councillor Frost and seconded by Councillor Howell).
Councillor Cambridge returned to Chair the Meeting again from this point.
9. Public Inquiries, Appeals or Enforcement Matters – The Committee noted that the LPA’s enforcement Officer is involved with some of the issues at the Hopkins Homes development at the back of Rigby Avenue/off of Harwich Road.
10. Date of Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 5th August 2021 – 7.30pm – Mistley Village Hall – This Meeting was noted.