MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 1st April 2021 – 7.30pm via the Zoom platform
Councillor J Cambridge (Chairman of the Committee) (from end of Minute Number 4).
Councillor J Chaplin
Councillor C Howell
Councillor F Kent
Councillor P Nutter (Vice Chairman of the Committee)
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk
District Councillor Coley
No Members of the Public were present
The Chairman reminded attendees that the Meeting will be recorded.
The Parish Council complies fully with the GDPR.
In the absence of the Chairman – Councillor Cambridge, the Vice Chairman – Councillor Nutter, chaired the Meeting until the end of Minute Number 4.
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Coiley (personal), Councillor Frost (illness), Councillor Lawry (work) and Councillor Peacock (personal). Councillors Bell and Carter were not present and did not send an apology for absence.
2. Public Voice – No Members of the Public were present.
3. Declarations of Interest – There were no declarations of interest.
4. Minutes of the Previous Planning Committee Meeting – The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on the 4th March 2021 were received, considered and agreed following the vote. (Signed copy in Minute Book). Proposed by Councillor Chaplin and seconded by Councillor Kent.
Councillor Cambridge joined the Meeting at this point.
5. Matters Arising/Updates from Previous Minutes – None.
6. The Committee noted Planning Decisions as follows:
a) 20/01554/FUL – 2 Abbotts Hall Cottages, Harwich Road, Horsely Cross (cross-boundary)
– First floor rear extension – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this.
b) 21/00156/TCA – Albury House, Norman Road – 1 No. Ginko (10 m High 300 dia), Gladitzia (6m High 250 dia) and 1 No Magnolia (5m High and 150 dia) – To fell to combat subsidence damage – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this.
c) 21/00038/FUL – Lower Park, The Walls – Variation of Condition 2, (Approved Plans) to simplify design approved on 19/00341/FUL – To note that the LPA has approved this.
d) 21/00278/TCA – White Horse House, The Green – 1 No. Robina – reduce crown by 1.5-2m and remove all deadwood – To note that the LPA has approved this.
e) 21/00279/TPO – Edme House, High Street – 1 No. Pine – Reduce tip weight no more than 500 mm, remove dead wood and remove previous poor pruning wounds – To note that the LPA has approved this.
7. Planning Applications/Proposals received from the LPA (Local Planning Authority):
a) 21/00360/TCA – 1 Brooks Maltings, Kiln Lane – 2 No Gleditsia – reduce by 2.5m, (Photinia below Gleditsia remove) and other Photinia, Privet and Pyracantha reduce by 50% – Following the vote, (proposed by Councillor Cambridge and seconded by Councillor Nutter), the Committee recommended that the LPA’s Tree and Landscape Officer makes a decision under the LPA’s scheme of delegation.
b) 21/00125/FUL – Plot 5, Church House Farm, Heath Road – Reserved Matters for 20/01225/OUT including access to site, appearance, layout and scale of new dwelling and landscaping to site – The Committee noted the reserved matters.
c) 21/00419/TCA – Old School, School Lane – 1 No. Willow – fell – Following the vote, (proposed by Councillor Cambridge and seconded by Councillor Nutter), the Committee recommended that the LPA’s Tree and Landscape Officer makes a decision under the LPA’s scheme of delegation.
8. Planning Applications received from the LPA after Agenda distributed
a) 21/00070/FUL & 21/00071/LBC (Listed Building Consent) – The Swan Basin, High Street
– Proposal to place original 18th Century Milestone and replace 19th Century Milestone Marker (not attached or supported) to rear Wall – The Planning Committee simply noted this application by the Parish Council.
b) 21/00197/DETAIL – Land to the South of Long Road and to the West of Clacton Road – Reserved Matters application for the erection of up to 485 dwellings, up to 2 hectares of employment land (A2/A3/B1/B2; B8;D1 uses), with associated public open space and infrastructure – Following the vote, the Committee recommended that the detail considers reduced density and numbers of flats on the site – given the EDME site in a few years time, and other sites coming through and attention to landscaping and screening to both Long Road and Clacton Road, which will need to be more mature given this sensitive area near to Mistley Manor. The Committee would wish to see more renewables, and electric charging points. Proposed by Councillor Chaplin and seconded by Councillor Nutter).
9. Public Inquiries, Appeals or Enforcement Matters
• 20/00662/FUL Anchor PH, Anchor Lane, Harwich Road, Mistley – The Committee noted that the LPA has received information confirming that there is a valid appeal, i.e. the appeal form, appellant statement and PINS (The Planning Inspectorate) letter confirming the appeal is valid. This is all available to view under appeal reference 21/00007/REFUSE on the LPA’s Public Access portal. However, the LPA has not had any official start date letter from the Planning Inspectorate as yet. Once this is received, the LPA will go through the process of notifying the Parish Council that the LPA is in receipt of the appeal and will then have the opportunity to provide any further comments to PINS.
10. Date of Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 6th May 2021 – 7.30pm – This Meeting was noted.
There being no further business the Meeting closed at 8.16pm.