MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting on Thursday 5th September 2019
in the Village Hall, Shrubland Road at 7.30pm
Councillor J Chaplin (Chairman of the Council)
Councillor J Cambridge (Vice Chairman of Committee)
Councillor B Burton
Councillor P Nutter
Councillor I Peacock
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk
No Members of the Public
1. Public Voice – No Members of the Public were present.
2. Welcome and Apologies for absence – Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Carter, Frost, Howell and Kent. Also District Councillor Coley. Councillor Turner was not present.
3. Declarations of Interest – There were no declarations of interest.
4. Minutes of the Previous Planning Committee Meeting – The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 15th August 2019 were received, considered and agreed following the vote. (Signed copy in Minute Book).
5. Matters Arising/Updates from Previous Minutes – There were no matters arising or updates.
6. The Committee noted Planning Decisions as follows:
a) 19/00768/FUL – Church Farm House, Heath Road – Proposed front porch and new cart lodge to rear – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
b) 19/01063/TCA – 20 Barley Close – 1 No. Silver Birch – reduce by 30% – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
c) 19/01067/TCA – 1 Kiln Lane – 1 No. Flowering Cherry – remove – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
d) 19/00828/FUL – Saralie, Mill Lane – Erection of front porch and a single garage to the side of the house – To note that the LPA has approved this application.
7. Planning Applications/Proposals received from the LPA (Local Planning Authority):
a) 19/01068/DETAIL – Reserved matters application pursuant to conditions 1 and 5 of outline planning permission 17/00004/OUT (approved on appeal APP/P1560/W/17/3176089) – Land East of New Road – The Committee expended some time looking through the numerous plans and details pertaining to this proposal.
It also spent some time doing various searches on the LPA’s website via a mobile phone, which was not ideal. The Committee was however, unable to find the detail pursuant to amendments under section 73 and conditions 1 and 5 of outline planning permission 17/00004/OUT. The Committee was very disappointed that although a lot of plans were submitted by the applicant and the LPA, that the key detail, i.e. the information about the conditions was missing from the application. The Parish Council raised its concerns previously under the original outline application pertaining to the distance between the flats and the highway. It also considered that in line with national and local planning policy that the affordable dwellings should be spread throughout the development and not just sited in one area together.
The Committee considers that this application should be considered by the LPA’s Planning Committee and that a decision should not be made under the scheme of delegation and not via an Officer.
b) 19/01160/FUL – Proposed ground floor front extension and alterations to outbuilding – 5 Middlefield Road – The Committee noted that revised plans for this application are imminent. Therefore, the application was not considered.
8. Planning Applications received from the LPA after Agenda distributed:
a. 19/01290/TCA – 1 No. unknown species – fell – 34 Harwich Road – Following the vote, the Committee considered that the LPA’s Tree Officer should make a delegated decision on this proposal to fell the Oak tree.
9. Public Inquiry – APP/P1560/W/19/3220201 – Land to The South of Long Road and to West of Clacton Road Mistley – Outline application with all matters reserved, other than strategic access points onto the public highway, for the erection of up to 485 dwellings, up to 2 hectares of employment land (A2/A3/B1/B2; B8; D1 uses), with associated public open space and infrastructure – 17/01181/OUT – The Committee noted that the Public Inquiry this has been rescheduled for the 29th-30th October 2019 to be held in the Council Chamber, Weeley Council Offices commencing at 10am. The Committee noted that it has been necessary to reschedule because of the viability evidence relating to affordable housing.
10. Date of Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 3rd October 2019 – 7.30pm – Village Hall, Mistley.
There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.25pm.