MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on Thursday 3rd October 2019 in the Village Hall, Shrubland Road at 7.30pm
Councillor J Chaplin (Chairman of the Council)
Councillor J Cambridge (Vice Chairman of Committee)
Councillor B Burton
Councillor G Carter
Councillor P Nutter
Councillor I Peacock
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk
No Members of the Public were present
1. Public Voice – No Members of the Public were present.
2. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Frost, Howell and Kent. Apologies were also received from District Councillor Coley. Councillor Turner was not present.
3. Declarations of Interest – Councillor Cambridge declared a pecuniary interest in 19/01160/FUL – 5 Middleton Road.
4. Minutes of the Previous Planning Committee Meeting – The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 5th September 2019 were received, considered and agreed following the vote. (Signed copy in Minute Book).
5. Matters Arising/Updates from Previous Minutes –
• Minute Number 9 – 19/00539/DETAIL – Public Inquiry – APP/P1560/W/19/3220201 – Land to the South of Long Road and to the West of Clacton Road – Councillor Cambridge reported that he had attended the site visit on the 24th September 2019 on behalf of the Parish Council. District Councillor Coley spoke against this application at the LPA’s Planning Committee Meeting on the 24th September 2019 which was refused.
• Minute Number 7 – 19/00978/OUT – Land to the East of New Road – Councillor Cambridge reported that he had attended the site visit on the 24th September 2019 on behalf of the Parish Council.
6. The Committee noted Planning Decisions as follows:
a) 19/00289/FUL – Erection of four dwellings – Park Lodge, New Road – The Committee noted that the LPA has refused this application.
b) 18/01/01190/OUT – (Tendring Farms Ltd) – Land South of Long Road – Variation of Conditions 1, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 of 17/01537/OUT to allow work to commence prior to the submission of remaining reserved matters (reserved matters for 96 units already submitted). – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
c) 19/00798/LBC – 9 The Green – Replace rotten windows and door (like for like) – The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
d) 19/00937/FUL – (Futureway) – Land to the South of Pound Corner, Harwich Road Removal of conditions 16 and 17 Approval 15/01787/FUL as bus stop no longer necessary or required –– The Committee noted that the LPA has approved this application.
7. Planning Applications/Proposals received from the LPA (Local Planning Authority):
a) 19/01160/FUL – Proposed ground floor front extension and alterations to outbuilding – 5 Middlefield Road – Councillor Cambridge declared a pecuniary interest in this application as he is the agent. He took no part in the discussion and subsequent vote and recommendation to the LPA. Following the vote, the Committee recommended approval on this proposal.
b) 19/01339/TCA – 2 No. Silver Birch – reduce height by on third – 20 Rosewood Park – Following the vote, the Committee recommended that this proposal be referred to the LPA’s Tree Officer and that a decision be made by Officer delegated powers, under the scheme of delegation.
8. Planning Applications received from the LPA after Agenda distributed
• 19/01403/FUL – Single storey and first floor rear extensions with alterations including enclosing porch – 109 Harwich Road – Following the vote, the Committee recommended approval on this proposal.
9. Public Inquiry – APP/P1560/W/19/3220201 – Land to The South of Long Road and to West of Clacton Road Mistley – Outline application with all matters reserved, other than strategic access points onto the public highway, for the erection of up to 485 dwellings, up to 2 hectares of employment land (A2/A3/B1/B2; B8; D1 uses), with associated public open space and infrastructure – 17/01181/OUT – The Committee noted that the Public Inquiry this has been rescheduled for the 29th-30th October 2019 to be held in the Council Chamber, Weeley Council Offices commencing at 10am. The Committee noted that it has been necessary to reschedule because of the viability evidence relating to affordable housing.
10. Date of Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 7th November 2019 – 7.30pm – Village Hall, Mistley.
There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.05pm.