Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on Thursday 20th June 2019 in the Village Hall, Shrubland Road at 7.30pm
Councillor J Chaplin (Chairman of Committee)
Councillor J Cambridge (Vice Chairman of Committee)
Councillor G Carter
Councillor I Peacock
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk
Three members of the Press or Public were present.
1. Public Voice – Two members of the public addressed the Committee and spoke about the petition from residents who live at New Road and The Park and the formal objections to application numbered 19/00289/FUL – Park Lodge, New Road – Erection of Four Dwellings. Grounds for objection include noise, vibrations, reduced light, air pollution, environmental damage and increased traffic. A copy of the petition was lodged with the Parish Council. The Parish Council was asked to advise the LPA (Local Planning Authority) that the Parish Council has a copy of the said petition.
Two Members of the Public left the Meeting at this point.
2. Welcome and Apologies for absence – Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Howell and Kent.
3. Declarations of Interest – Councillor Cambridge declared a prejudicial interest in 19/00828/FUL – Saralie Mill Hill, item 7 c).
4. Minutes of the Previous Planning Committee Meeting – The Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 30th May 2019 were received, considered and agreed following the vote. (Signed copy in Minute Book).
5. Matters Arising/Updates from Previous Minutes – There were no matters arising or updates.
6. The Committee noted Planning Decisions as follows:
a) 19/00206/FUL – Dickley Hall, Dickley Hall Chase – Proposed pet crematorium – amendment to planning permission 18/01278/FUL – The Committee noted that the LPA has Approved this.
7. Planning Applications/Proposals received from the LPA (Local Planning Authority):
a) 19/0792/TCA – Firtree House, 1 Erskine Road – 4 No. Western Red Cedar – Remove – Following the vote, it was agreed to defer this matter, where it was considered that the LPA’s Tree Officer should make a delegated decision on this application.
However, the Committee asked that further investigation should be made as to why the Cedar Trees need to be removed, as opposed to pollarding work or lowering the crowns.
b) 19/00788/LUEX – 1 Harwich Road – Continued use as A5 hot food takeaway – Following the vote, no objections were made.
c) 19/00828/FUL – Saralie Mill Hill – Erection of a front porch and a single garage to the side of the house. Following the vote, approval was recommended on this proposal. Councillor Cambridge took no part in the discussion or subsequent vote for this proposal, given his declaration of interest as detailed above.
8. To consider any other Planning Applications – None were received.
d) 19/00798/LBC – 9 The Green – Replace rotten front windows and door (like for like) – Following the vote, it was agreed to defer this matter, where it was considered that the LPA’s Conservation/Heritage Officer should make a delegated decision on this application.
e) 19/00876/TPO – 5 Rosewood Park – Holly Trees – reduce overhanging branches from neighbouring property – Following the vote, it was agreed that the LPA’s Tree Officer should make a delegated decision on this application.
9. Mistley Place Park Statement (Parish Council) – Councillors received and noted the statement. There were no further updates at this time. (Copy in Minute Book).
10. Date of Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 18th July 2019 – 7.30pm – Village Hall, Mistley.