MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on Monday 27th September 2021 commencing at 7.30pm at Mistley Village Hall
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive and agree.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations of interest and at any point during the Meeting.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of 3 minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session.
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To receive, consider and note written reports and to clarify any points from the said Reports. (3 minutes per report). (Attached).
5. Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting held on the 26th July 2021 – To receive, consider and approve the Minutes. (Minutes attached and on website).
6. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 26th July 2021 – To receive and note any updates.
7. Mistley Conservation Area – To consider supporting a resident’s request to extend this area. (Details attached).
8. Councillors Reports on Working Group Meetings/Other Meetings/site Meetings Attended – To receive brief verbal updates and agree any matters.
a) Allotment Working Group – (Councillors Chaplin, Coiley and Kent) –
• Legal Fees – To consider and agree any matters including legal fees for the transfer of the new allotment land from (Hopkins Homes) and the Section 106 Developer Agreement with Tendring District Council. (Attached).
• Tendring District Council (TDC) – Middlefield Road Allotments – To receive an update and consider the next steps.
b) Grounds Maintenance Working Group – (Led by Councillor Nutter with other Councillors/Residents/Other Volunteers). – To receive any updates including the chain saw training attended by Councillor Nutter on 20th and 21st September.
c) Signage Working Group – (Councillors Chaplin, Coiley and Howell).
d) Woodland Trust Trees Working Group – (Councillors Coiley, Howell and Nutter).
e) Section 106 Developer Agreements with Tendring District Council & Contributions for Mistley
– (Councillors Coiley, Howell – Chair, Kent and Nutter) – To agree recommendations.
f) Community Celebrations Working Group – (Councillors Bell, Carter, Coiley, Frost, and Howell) with members of the local community. To consider joining with Lawford Parish Council and Manningtree Town Council – following request/s received). To arrange for a risk assessment for submission/consent of insurer prior to making further arrangements.
g) Swan Basin – Fish and Planting Working Group – (Councillors Chaplin, Frost, Howell, and Nutter).
9. Notice of Vacancy in Office of Parish Councillor – To consider the next steps following the resignation of J Cambridge. (Details attached).
10. Financial Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments since the last Meeting. (To follow).
b) Bank Reconciliations – July and August 2021 – To receive and agree. (Attached and on website).
c) Councillor Generic Emails – To agree the live date.
d) DBS Checks/Certifications – To consider the fees of £23 per Councillor.
e) Section 137 Grant Request – Age Concern – To consider. (Attached and on website).
f) Bank Signatory – To agree third signatory following mandate change relating to J Cambridge.
g) New Playing Field/Pitch Proposals – To receive, consider and agree the legal fees for the arrangements of updated/new leases. (Mistley Rugby Club and Ramsey and Mistley Football Club). (Attached).
h) Mistley and Manningtree Welcome Home Trust – To agree legal fees (as sole trustee) for lease/license with Bowls Club. (Attached).
i) Urgent Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
11. Correspondence – To note and consider the following:
a) Speeding Data in Mistley – To receive and consider the correspondence received. (Attached and on website).
b) Crumb and Brew – To consider any further information received. (Details to follow).
c) Unauthorised Gates – Parish Council Land – To consider responses received. (Attached).
d) Rats along The Walls – To consider the correspondence received. (Attached and on website).
e) Mistley Kids Club – To consider the retrospective request received and future hire arrangements for the grass area and container. (Details already received).
f) Mistley Village Hall Management Committee –
• Railing – Consent to erect a railing to stop the front door from opening too far/being damaged further. (Health and Safety matter).
• Financial Analysis – To note. (Attached).
• Water Charges – To note the kind gesture and free use of the Committee’s water.
g) Ramsey and Mistley Football Club – Complaint – To consider any response from the Football Club. (Details attached and on website).
h) Funding for Basketball Area – Mistley – To consider further. (Details attached and on website).
i) Enquiry re; Gate – Furze Hill Play Area – To consider. (Details attached and on website).
j) Essex County Council Highway Matter Double Yellow Lines Harwich Road – To receive and consider the correspondence received from local residents in conjunction with the County Councillor. (Details attached and on website).
k) Parking Issues in Mistley – inc. Greensward, Harwich Road – To consider in conjunction with the County Council.
l) Public Rights of Way Footpath Report – September 2021 – To note. (Attached).
m) Halloween Party – Mistley Rugby Club – To agree. (Details to follow).
n) Other Correspondence – To consider and agree any urgent matters received after the agenda has been distributed.
12. Community Litter Picking Event – Saturday 2nd October 2021 – To note the arrangements including use of the Village Hall free of charge.
13. Local Council Award Scheme Application – Foundation Level – To note that this application has been successful. (The Award is designed to celebrate the successes of the very best local councils and provides a framework to develop a Council’s full potential).
14. Parish Council Meetings
• Next Parish Council Meeting – Monday 25th October 2021 – 7.30pm – Mistley Village Hall.
• Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 7th October 2021 – 7.30pm – Mistley Village Hall.
• Schedule of Meetings 2022 – To agree. (Attached).