MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on Monday 25th October 2021 commencing at 7.30pm at Mistley Village Hall
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive and agree.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations of interest and at any point during the Meeting.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of 3 minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session.
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To receive, consider and note written reports and to clarify any points from the said Reports. (3 minutes per report). (Attached).
5. Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting held on the 27th September 2021 – To receive, consider and approve the Minutes. (Minutes attached and on website).
6. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 27th September 2021 – To receive and note any updates.
7. Councillors Reports on Working Group Meetings/Other Meetings/site Meetings Attended – To receive brief verbal updates and agree any matters.
a) Allotment Working Group – (Councillors Chaplin, Coiley and Kent) – To receive an update and consider any matters regarding:
• Allotments Maintenance.
• Hopkins Homes Section 106 Developer Agreement.
• Brunswick Allotment Site – Vehicle Damage to Fencing.
b) Grounds Maintenance Working Group – (Led by Councillor Nutter with other Councillors/Residents/Other Volunteers) – To consider and agree any matters.
c) Signage Working Group – (Councillors Chaplin, Coiley and Howell) – To consider and agree any matters.
d) Tree Working Group – (Councillors Coiley, Howell and Nutter) – To consider and agree any matters.
e) Section 106 Developer Agreements with Tendring District Council & Contributions for Mistley – (Councillors Coiley, Howell – Chair, Kent and Nutter) – To consider and agree any matters.
f) Community Celebrations Working Group – (Councillors Bell, Carter, Coiley, Frost, and Howell). To consider and agree any matters.
g) Swan Basin – Fish and Planting Working Group – (Councillors Chaplin, Frost, Howell, and Nutter) – To consider and agree any matters.
h) Mistley Kids Club Working Group – (Councillors Carter and Nutter plus one other Councillor – to be confirmed) – To consider recommendations.
8. Financial Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments since the last Meeting. (To follow).
b) Bank Reconciliation – September 2021 – To receive and agree. (Attached and on website).
c) 2nd Quarter Finance Report – 1st July – 30th September 2021 – To receive and agree. (Attached and on website).
d) Section 137 Grant Request –Suffolk Accident and Rescue Service – To consider. (Attached and on website).
e) Section 137 Grant Request – Essex and Herts Air Ambulance – To consider. (Attached and on website).
f) New Playing Field/Pitch Proposals – To receive, consider and agree the legal fees for the arrangements of updated/new leases. (Mistley Rugby Club and Ramsey and Mistley Football Club).
g) Mistley and Manningtree Welcome Home Trust – To agree legal fees (as sole trustee) for lease/license with Bowls Club.
h) Councillor Generic Emails – To agree live date.
i) Plaque – Swan Basin – To consider financial contribution.
j) Village Hall – To receive an update regarding the insurance claim via the Council’s insurer.
k) Abandoned Blue Van – Furze Hill – To consider the next stages.
l) Soil Bin – Cemetery – To consider and agree a solution.
m) Urgent Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
9. Casual Vacancies in Office of Parish Councillor – To consider the resumes received. (Attached and on website).
10. Correspondence – To note and consider the following:
a) Mistley Rugby Club – To consider the request received.
b) Plastic Free Pledge – To pass a resolution as follows –
The council will lead by example and remove (or phase out) single use plastics from its premises and operations. The council will encourage plastic-free initiatives in the area, promoting the campaign and supporting events. The council names a representative to sit on the plastic free steering group.
c) Car Rally – 23rd and 24th April 2022 – To consider details. (Attached).
d) Other Correspondence – To consider and agree any urgent matters received after the agenda has been distributed.
11. Parish Council Keyholder – To agree for the Village Hall.
12. Finance Committee – To nominate a Councillor to fill the vacancy to join Councillors Chaplin, Howell, Nutter and Peacock.
13. Mistley and Manningtree Welcome Home Trust – To nominate a Councillor to fill the vacancy to join Councillors Chaplin, Frost, Howell, Kent, and Nutter.
14. Parish Council Meetings
• Next Parish Council Meeting – Monday 29th November 2021 – 7.30pm – Mistley Village Hall.
• DBS Checks/Register & Pay Certificates – Thursday 4th November 2021 – 6.30pm – Mistley Village Hall.
• Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 4th November 2021 – 7.30pm – Mistley Village Hall.
• Finance Committee Budget Meeting – Monday 15th November 2021 – 6.30pm – Mistley Village Hall.
15. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies S.1 (2) (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102 (amended 2014). The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
16. Staffing Review – To receive an update and to consider any matters.
Susan Clements – Parish Clerk
19th October 2021