MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on Monday 22nd June 2020 commencing at 7.30pm – via the Zoom platform (Arrival from 7.15pm)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 906 626 1951
A G E N D A / SUMMONS
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive and agree.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations of interest and at any point during the Meeting.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of 3 minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said Reports. (3 minutes per report). (Reports Attached).
5. Minutes of the last Annual Parish Council Meeting held on the 18th May 2020 – To receive, consider and approve. (Minutes attached).
6. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 18th May 2020– To receive and note any updates.
7. Councillors/Clerk to Report on External Meetings/Remote/Virtual attended – To receive brief verbal updates.
8. Councillor Generic Emails – To receive an update from Councillor Cambridge and agree the next steps.
9. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments since the last Meeting. (To follow).
b) Land South of Harwich Road – To receive any updates and consider the next steps. Section 106 Developer Contributions.
c) Local Council Award Scheme – Foundation Level – To receive a progress update.
d) Parish Council Website – Councillor Profiles and Photographs – To receive a progress update.
e) Cemetery Sub-Committee – To consider and agree membership and terms of reference for the ensuing year. (Attached).
f) Finance Committee – To consider and agree the terms of reference for the ensuing year. (Attached).
g) Service Level Agreement (SLA) – BIU Group, Saints Helens, Merseyside – Clothes/Recycling Bank – Furze Hill/Shrubland Road Car Park To consider if this should be renewed or removed with effect from the 1st August 2020.
h) Street Lighting Contractor – To consider replacing older street lighting lanterns with new LED Lights. (Details attached).
i) Bank Reconciliations – April 2020 and May 2020 – To receive and agree. (Attached).
j) Silver Birch Sapling Donation – To receive an update and arrange planting.
k) Furze Hill Playing Field – To consider and agree the request by the Judo Club to use this area, including fee, satisfactory receipt of appropriate public liability insurance and payment to Mistley Village Hall Management Committee.
l) Colchester Rovers Cyclocross Race Event – Furze Hill Wood – To consider the request for the event on Sunday 11th October 2020 (subject to COVID-19 government guidelines) where the fee is £750.00. (Details attached).
m) Barrier – Car Park – Furze Hill – To consider and agree the arrangements following anti-social behaviour involving vehicles and the Working Party Zoom Meeting held on the 12th June 2020. (Residents emails attached).
n) Training – To consider and agree basic chainsaw training for the Grounds Maintenance Volunteer Group. (Details at Meeting).
o) Urgent Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
10. Correspondence – To note the following:
a) Annual Play Area Inspection Reports – To receive and note. No high risk matters. (Attached).
b) Policing – To receive any updates from PCSO Pat Smith.
c) Residents and Police Emails– Shrubland Road and Harwich Road – Anti-social behaviour, Speeding Vehicles and Signage Requests. (Attached).
d) Salt Bag Partnership Scheme 2020 2021 – To consider and agree, including coordinating volunteers. (Attached).
e) Rugby Club – To consider and agree the request for the Club to start training from the 1st July 2020, following social distancing measures.
f) WW2 Huts – To consider and agree publicising this project and supporting it further. (Details attached).
g) Letter from Residents – Shrubland Road – To consider the request regarding the residents’ trees maintenance. (Attached).
h) Other Correspondence – To consider any urgent matters received after the agenda has been distributed. (Details at the Meeting).
11. Dates of Next Meeting
a) Parish Council Meeting – Monday 20th July 2020 – 7.30pm – Zoom platform;
b) Planning Committee – Thursday 2nd July 2020 at 7.30pm – Zoom platform.
12. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) amended (2014) and the Local Government Act 1972 (s.1) (2). The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
13. Staffing – To consider and agree the arrangements for the Council’s Warden’s changes to his contract of employment to open and close the barrier/gate at the Village Hall when the Hall reopens and when other Users commence using the car park again, including contact/phone arrangements.
Susan Clements (Assoc. CIPD) CILCA (FSLCC) – Parish Clerk
16th June 2020
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 906 626 1951