MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the
Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on Monday 21st September 2020 commencing at 7.30pm – via the Zoom platform
(Arrival from 7.15pm – Please note a Pre-Meeting with the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Clerk will be held before this Meeting from 6.45 – 7.15pm)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 836 1095 9788
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive and agree.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations of interest and at any point during the Meeting.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of 3 minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said Reports. (3 minutes per report). (Attached).
5. Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting held on the 20th July 2020 – To receive, consider and approve the Minutes. (Minutes attached).
6. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 20th July 2020 – To receive and note any updates.
7. Councillors Report on External Meetings – To receive brief verbal updates and agree any matters..
8. Councillors Working Party Meetings – To receive brief verbal updates and agree any matters.
9. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment (August and September 2020) – To receive, consider and agree payments since the last Meeting. (To follow).
b) Land South of Harwich Road – To receive any updates and consider the next steps. Section 106 Developer Contributions.
c) Bank Reconciliation– July 2020 and August 2020 – To receive and agree. (Attached).
d) External Auditor Report 2019/2020 – AGAR (Annual Governance and Accountability Return) – To receive and note the External Auditor Certificate. (Attached).
e) COVID-19 Matters – To receive any updates and to consider and agree any matters, including Play Equipment.
f) Street Lighting – LED Lanterns Phased Programme – To consider and agree further following the last Parish Council Meeting held on the 20th July 2020. (Details already received).
g) Chainsaw Training – To consider and agree further following on from the Parish Council Meeting held on the 22nd June 2020. (Details already received).
h) Local Council Award Scheme – Foundation level – To receive an update and agree the Community Action Plan/Business Plan. (Attached).
i) Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARs) – To consider the Section 137 Grant request. (Attached).
j) The Swan Basin – Third party insurance claim damage. To note receipt of the insurance payment.
k) Furze Hill Wood – Work to Oak Tree – To consider and agree the quotations received for this work. (Attached).
l) Litter Picking Event – Saturday 17th October – From 10am – 11.30am. Meet at the Village Hall at 9.45pm. (Socially distanced COVID-19 and numbers compliant. Champions for groups of five).
m) Silver Birch Tree Planting – Welcome Home Field – Saturday 17th October. (Following the Litter Picking Event). To agree the arrangements.
n) Village Hall Management Committee –
i) To agree the cost of repairing the floor which has collapsed (9 inches square area).
ii) To agree that Councillor Chaplin will be the Parish Council representative with Councillor Peacock.
o) Insurance – To agree the 3-year contract so that the premium is fixed for future payments during this period.
p) Essex Playing Fields Association – To agree annual subscription – £30 p.a. (membership could tap into small grants source).
q) Dog Waste Bin – Green Lane (end of Park) – To consider the request received from one local resident. (Quotation Attached).
r) Urgent Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
10. Correspondence – To note the following:
a) Policing – To receive any updates from PCSO Pat Smith including littering and antisocial behaviour at the Village Hall Car Park.
b) WW2 Huts – To receive any updates.
c) Trout Pit – To consider and agree assisting with publicising this community project.
d) The Walls – Food/Drink Vendors –
• To receive and consider the correspondence received from one local resident. (Attached).
• To consider and agree the position regarding gull-proof litter bins.
e) The Milestone – To consider and agree the site for this monument. (Swan Basin suggested).
f) Volunteer Tree Warden – To consider and agree any Volunteers for this position following the resignation of Mr Horlock.
g) Manningtree and District Frankenberg Association – 50th Anniversary Visit – 7th – 10th October 2021 – To note the date. (Details attached).
h) Allotments – (Mistley Residents only)
• Railway Plots – To consider and agree a tenancy where the tenant has now moved to Manningtree (full plot). (Tenancy Agreement attached conditions 6 and 11 c).
• Railway Plots – Two tenants who live in Lawford (one full and one half plot);
• Phase 2 – Brunswick, Shrubland Road/Harwich Road – To agree the next steps.
i) Essex Honours Award – (COVID-19) – To consider correspondence received. (Attached).
j) Pesticide Free Village – To consider the request received. (Correspondence already received).
k) Plastic Reduction – In Village – To consider the request received. (Correspondence already received).
l) Footpath Warden Report – To receive and note. (Attached).
m) Other Correspondence – To consider and agree any urgent matters received after the agenda has been distributed.
Dates of Next Meetings – Parish Council Meeting – Monday 19th October 2020 – 7.30pm – Via Zoom platform. (No August Meeting).
Planning Committee – Thursday 1st Octo
11. Dates of Next Meetings
a) Next Parish Council Meeting – Monday 19th October 2020 – 7.30pm via Zoom – To note.
b) Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 1st October 2020 – 7.30pm via Zoom – To note.
c) Schedule of Meetings – 2021 – To receive, consider and agree. (Attached).
12. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies S.1 (2) (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102 (amended 2014). The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
13. Local Government Pay Deal Agreement – The Council is asked to agree the NJC (National Joint Council) pay award in the normal way for its two Staff members (backdated to April 2020). (Attached).
Susan Clements (Assoc. CIPD) CILCA (FSLCC) – Parish Clerk
15th September 2020
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 836 1095 9788