MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on Monday 21st December 2020 commencing at 7.30pm – via the Zoom platform
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 857 4121 0114 Passcode: 140286
The Meeting will be recorded. (The Parish Council fully complies with the GDPR).
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive and agree.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations of interest and at any point during the Meeting.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of 3 minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said Reports or receive new information. (3 minutes per report). (Attached).
5. Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting held on the 16th November 2020 – To receive, consider and approve the Minutes. (Minutes attached).
6. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 16th November 2020 – To receive and note any updates.
7. Councillors Reports on External and Working Group Meetings – To receive brief verbal updates and agree any matters.
a) Allotment Working Group – Hopkins Homes (Section 106 Developer Agreement with Tendring District Council) & Other Allotments – (Councillors Cambridge, Chaplin and Coiley).
b) Asset of Community Value Working Group – (Councillors Cambridge, Coiley and Frost).
c) Signage Working Group – (Councillors Cambridge, Chaplin and Coiley). (Details attached).
d) Woodland Trust Trees Working Group – (Councillors Coiley, Howell and Nutter).
8. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment (December 2020) – To receive, consider and agree payments since the last Meeting. (To follow).
b) Land South of Harwich Road – (Bungalows) –
• Playing Field – To receive an update from Councillors Cambridge and Howell about the transfer document, Section 106 Developer Contributions and agree the next steps.
• Street Light – To agree the offer by Essex County Council Highways (developments) for an LED luminaire for the street lighting column on this site. (Attached).
c) Allotments –
• Phase 1 & Phase 2 Brunswick Sites & Railway Site – To receive an update on tenancy agreements and the current waiting list.
• Phase 2 Brunswick Site – Plot Number 25 – Shed – To consider the request for the erection of a shed/storage (half plot) in accordance with the tenancy agreement and the allotment rules and regulations. (Attached and further details to follow).
• Phase 2 Brunswick Site – Plot Number 16 – To consider the request for planting fruit trees (half plot) in accordance with the rule and regulations. (Attached).
d) Bank Reconciliation– November 2020 – To receive and agree. (Attached).
e) Recycling Bottle Banks – Shrubland Road – To receive an update and consider an additional three bottle banks to meet supply where credits would be payable. (Details attached).
f) COVID-19 Matters – To receive any updates and to consider and agree any matters.
g) BUDGET 2021 2022 AND PRECEPT – The Council is asked to receive, consider and RESOLVE the Precept and Budget for the 1st April 2021 – 31st March 2022 and to agree the recommendations of the Finance Committee Meeting held on the 18th November 2020. (Details attached).
h) Finance Committee – 18th November 2020 – To consider and agree all recommendations including the Cemetery and the annual review of Land Permissions leases/tenancies. (Attached).
i) Swanwatch – Feeding Swans in Mistley – To consider the Section 137 Grant request. (In budget 2020/2021). (Attached).
j) Tendring District Council Christmas and New Year Closing Period – To note the office closure from 4pm on the 24th December 2020 to the 4th January 2021.
k) EALC (Essex Association of Local Councils – To note the office closure from the 24th December 2020 to the 4th January 2021.
l) Street Lighting 3rd Party Insurance Claim – To receive an update regarding the claim for the street light near to Dove House Farm, The Heath, Mistley, CO11 2QL.
m) Updated Policies and Procedures – To receive, consider and agree for Email, Text and WhatsApp Policy, GDPR Policy, General Privacy Notice, Media Policy and Subject Access Request Policy. (Changes mostly reflect WhatsApp). (Attached).
n) See-Saw – Welcome Home (Parish Council is sole Trustee) – To receive, consider and agree the quotation for a new see-saw in comparison to prices for repair of the old equipment. (Attached).
o) The Rigby and Berry Trust – To consider and agree another trustee to join Councillor Cambridge and the ex-officio trustee the Rev’d Turner. (Ms Burton has resigned). (Make grants to deserving individuals or organisations including children/young people and the elderly. Grants to assist Mistley residents only who are in conditions of need, hardship and distress).
p) Urgent Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matters after the agenda has been sent.
9. Correspondence – To note and consider the following:
a) Policing – To receive any updates from PCSO Pat Smith. (To follow).
b) Beverley Burton – To note this resignation.
c) Co-option of Parish Councillor – (No bye-election called) – To consider the resume received for this position. (Attached).
d) WW2 Huts – To consider the correspondence received. (Attached).
e) WW2 Huts Metal Detector – To consider the further correspondence. (Attached).
f) The Milestone (The Swan Basin/Fountain) – To receive any updates and consider any details.
g) Census 2021 – To receive the correspondence received. (Attached).
h) Openreach Contractor (Morrisons) – Willow Tree – Shrubland Road – To consider further correspondence received in conjunction with the previous resolution made. (Attached).
i) Other Correspondence – To consider and agree any urgent matters received after the agenda has been distributed.
10. Dates of Next Meetings
a) Parish Council Schedule of Meetings – 2021 – To note that the schedule (already agreed) fits in with Lawford Parish Council and District and County Councillor C Guglielmi and District Councillor V Guglielmi. (Attached).
b) Next Parish Council Meeting – Monday 25th January 2021 – 7.30pm via Zoom – To note.
c) Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 7th January 2021 – 7.30pm via Zoom – To note.
Susan Clements – Parish Clerk
15th December 2020
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 857 4121 0114