MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on Monday 18th July 2022 commencing at 7.30pm at Mistley Village Hall
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To welcome and receive and approve apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interests and Dispensations – To receive any declarations of interest and at any point during the Meeting. To consider any dispensations received in advance of the Meeting.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council for a maximum of 3 minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session.
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To receive, consider and note written reports and to clarify any points from the said Reports. (3 minutes per report). (Attached).
5. Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting held on the 30th May 2022– To receive, consider and approve the Minutes. (Minutes attached and on website).
6. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 30th May 2022 – To receive and note any updates.
7. Councillors Written/Email Reports on Working Group Meetings/Other Meetings/site Meetings Attended – To receive brief written/email updates and agree any matters.
a) Mistley Village Hall Management Committee – (Councillors Chaplin and Peacock – Parish Councillor Representatives, with Councillor Cunningham).
b) Mistley Village Hall Projects (Kitchen & Iris Peacock Lounge Working Group – (Councillors Coiley and Howell) with Village Hall Representatives.
c) Allotment Working Group – (Councillors Chaplin – Chair), Coiley, Kent, and Meston) – To receive an update about the Hopkins Homes site and agree any allotment matters.
d) Grounds Maintenance Working Group – (Led by Councillor Nutter with Council’s Warden other Councillors/Residents/Other Volunteers).
e) Signage Working Group – (Councillors Chaplin – Chair, Coiley, Howell and Meston).
f) Trees Working Group – (Councillors Coiley, Howell and Nutter – Chair).
g) Section 106 Developer Agreements with Tendring District Council & Contributions for Mistley – (Councillors Coiley, Howell – Chair, Kent, and Nutter). To agree the car park contractor. (Quotations attached).
h) Community Celebrations Working Group – (Councillors Bell, Carter, Coiley, Frost, and Howell – Chair) – To receive a final income and expenditure account for HM The Queen and the Platinum celebrations and to agree any matters.
i) Swan Basin – Fish and Planting Working Group – (Councillors Chaplin, Frost, Howell – Chair, Nutter, and Meston).
j) Dog Working Group – (Councillors Chaplin, Kent, and Meston).
k) Other Meetings/Site Meetings – To receive a brief written/email update and consider any matters.
8. Financial Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments since the last Meeting. (To follow).
b) Bank Reconciliations – May and June 2022 – To receive, consider and agree. (Attached May 2022 and on website. June 2022 to follow).
c) Harwich Road – Litter Bin – To consider the request received from one resident for a larger bin. (Attached).
d) Bespoke Councillor Training/Team Building – Mistley Village Hall – To agree. (In budget). (Attached).
e) CIF (Community Initiatives Fund) Bid Grant Application – To agree to making another application for £10,000 towards the Community Car Park Project.
f) The Green – Wall Repair – To receive an update and consider further including removal of ivy. (Report attached).
g) Website Domain and Emails Renewals – To agree. (Attached).
h) Annual Play Area Inspection Report – To consider and agree mitigation measures for the flagged areas. (Attached. Already received).
i) Welcome Home Field – Bark damage – To consider further. (Trustees – Parish Council as sole trustee). (Attached).
j) Urgent Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent matter after the agenda.
9. Correspondence – To note and consider the following:
a) Mistley Towers – Dumped Garden/Grounds Rubbish – To note the letter received from a Manningtree resident. (Grounds contractor updated and final confirmation awaited). (Attached).
b) New Development – Land South of Long Road – To make comments on the suggested names. (Responses to Tendring District Council by 29th July 2022). (Attached).
c) Essex County Council Highway Matters (and Policing) – To consider the County Council’s response to local residents regarding speeding and traffic noise at New Road.
d) Essex County Council Highways Matter – Fingerpost Sign, New Road junction near The Walls – To consider further. (Via Councillor Cunningham).
e) Kid’s Club – To consider the request for use of the field on 31st August 2022 from 8am – 5pm. (Attached).
f) Welcome Home Field – The Trustees (Parish Council sole trustee) to consider the request from Home Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service to use the field – 26th July and 30th August 2022 – 11.30am 12.30pm/1pm. (Attached).
g) Other Correspondence – To consider and agree any urgent matters received after the agenda has been distributed.
10. DBS (Data Barring Service) Councillor Checks – To receive a progress update.
11. Parish Council Public Seat – Plaque – To consider the unauthorised plaque.
12. Salt Partnership Scheme – Winter 2022/23 – (Closing date 25th July 2022) – To consider the offer of Essex County Council Highways for a free of charge one tonne wrapped pallet made up of individual 25kg bags for use by the community on the local highway.
13. EALC (Essex Association of Local Councils) AGM – 22nd September 2022 – To agree motions for this Meeting. (Councillor Meston to attend).
14. Parish Council Meetings
• Next Parish Council Meeting – Monday 5th September 2022 – 7.30pm – Mistley Village Hall.
• Next Planning Committee Meeting – Thursday 4th August 2022 – 7.30pm – Mistley Village Hall.
15. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies S.1 (2) (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102 (amended 2014). The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
16. Confidential Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 30th May 2022 – To receive, consider and approve the Minutes. (Minutes attached – Councillors only).
17. Update/Matters Arising from Confidential Minutes held on the 30th May 2022 – To receive and note any updates.
18. Parish Council Assets – (Leases/Licences) – The Council is asked to receive updates from working group meetings and consider and agree the next legal stages with the Council’s Solicitor.