MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the full Parish Council to be held at the Village Hall, Shrubland Road on Monday 16th March 2020 commencing at 7.30pm
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes for the session
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said reports (up to three minutes per report) and note any new updates. (County Councillor Report to follow).
5. Minutes of the last full Parish Council Meeting held on the 17th February 2020 – To receive, consider and approve. (Minutes attached). (Paper copy)
6. Updates Arising from Minutes held on the 17th February 2020 – To note any updates.
7. Councillors Reports on External Meetings Attended –
a) Meeting with ICT Contractor – To receive an update from Councillors Cambridge and Nutter regarding generic Parish Councillor emails and to consider and agree any matters.
b) Pride of Tendring Awards Evening – 28th February 2020 – To receive an update from Councillors Chaplin and Howell.
c) VE Working Group Meeting – To receive an update from Councillor Chaplin.
d) Manningtree Region Business Chamber Meeting –2nd March 2020 – To receive an update from Councillor Nutter.
e) Open Spaces Working Party – To receive an update from Councillors Burton, Cambridge and Chaplin regarding signage, including dog signs and to consider and agree the suggestions.
f) Meeting with Mistley Institute –22nd February 2020 – To receive an update from Councillor Howell.
g) *Archive Documents Meeting with Councillor Howell, the Clerk and Mr A Lee – 7th March 2020 – To receive an update regarding cataloguing of Parish Council documents and to consider the future storage options for historic Parish Council Minutes/Archive documents. (See 8. c) below).
h) Other Meetings – To receive an update following any other Meetings.
8. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments to date since the last Meeting. (To follow). (Paper copy).
b) Land South of Harwich Road – To receive an update and consider the next steps. Section 106 Developer Contributions.
c) *Archive/Cataloguing Work –
• To consider and agree any reimbursement and payment for this work (£400);
• To consider and agree purchase of locked cupboard for historic Minutes and agree venue to store. (Cost £75-£95). (Within Budget/Precept for 2020/2021). (Or agree storage at Essex Records Office, Chelmsford).
d) Parish Council Office – Laptop – To consider and agree. Recommended by EALC (Essex Association of Local Councils) – Best Practice and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
e) Finance Matters – to consider and agree any urgent matter after distribution of the agenda.
9. Correspondence – to note/agree the following:
a) Policing Update – To receive any updates from PCSO Pat Smith via email.
b) Head of Democratic Services & Elections – Tendring District Council – To note the update regarding a formal letter from Lawford Parish Council sent to the District Council regarding the proposed Community Governance Review.
c) Rural Community Council of Essex 2020 Essex Village of the Year Competition – To consider the details received from the RCCE (Rural Community Council of Essex).
d) Holly Tree – 86 Harwich Road – To receive and consider the request. (Details attached).
e) Other Correspondence – To receive any details received after the agenda has been issued.
10. Mistley Rugby Club – To receive a progress update regarding the wayleave and agree any matters.
11. Community Litter Pick Event – To note the event on Saturday 21st March 2020 from 10am – 11.30am. (Meet at Mistley Village Hall at 9.45am). Everybody is welcome. Refreshments provided free of charge.
12. Next Meetings –
• Annual Parishioners Meeting – Monday 27th April 2020 7-8pm in the Village Hall.
• Full Parish Council Meeting – Monday 27th April 2020 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
• Planning Committee – Thursday 2nd April 2020 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
13. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) amended (2014) and the Local Government Act 1972 (s.1) (2). The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
14. Staffing – To consider the additional three contracted hours for the Clerk effective from April 2020 from 18 hours per week to 21 hours per week. (Within Budget/Precept for 2020/2021).
Susan Clements (Assoc. CIPD) CILCA (FSLCC) – Parish Clerk – 6th March 2020