MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the ANNUAL Parish Council to be held on Monday 24th May 2021 commencing at 7.30pm at Mistley Village Hall
A G E N D A
1. Nomination of Chairman and Declaration of Acceptance of Office’ – To propose, consider and agree the Chairman of the Council to serve for the ensuing year. Current Chairman of the Council – Councillor Howell to take the Chair for this item only. (New Chairman of the Council to thereafter, then take the Chair at this point and for the remainder of the Meeting).
2. Nomination of Vice Chairman and Declaration of Acceptance of Office’ – To propose, consider and agree the Vice Chairman of the Council to serve for the ensuing year.
3. Declarations of Acceptance of Office – The new Chairman and Vice Chairman will sign their respective Declaration of Acceptance of Office forms.
4. Risk Assessment – Face-to-Face Parish Council Meetings from May 2021 – To receive, consider and agree. (Details attached and on website).
5. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive and agree.
6. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations of interest and at any point during the Meeting. To remind all Councillors to review their respective Register of Interests for any updates.
7. To consider and agree the Appointment and Composition of Parish Council Committees – Councillors will have already considered their respective preferences and nominations in advance of the Meeting. (The nomination of Chair and Vice Chair of these Committees will be the first items of business at the first relevant new Committee Meetings). Includes:
• Finance Committee; – (Currently Councillors Cambridge, Chaplin, Howell, Nutter and Peacock).
• HR Committee;- (Currently Councillors Chaplin, Howell, Kent and Nutter).
• Planning Committee; – (Currently all Councillors are Members).
8. To consider and agree the Appointment of Councillor Representatives;
• Essex Association of Local Councils (EALC); – Currently Councillor Chaplin.
• Footpath Representative; – Currently Mr K Garwood.• Grounds Maintenance Volunteer Group Lead – Currently Councillor Nutter.
• Manningtree District Business Chamber; – Currently Councillor Nutter. (Also, Councillor Coiley via Rotary Club).
• Tendring District Association of Local Councils; – Currently Councillors Chaplin and Coiley.
• Transport and Community Rail Partnership; – Currently Vacant.
• Tree Warden; – Currently Councillor Nutter.
• Trustees of the Rigby and Berry Charity; – Currently Councillors Cambridge and Howell. (Also, Ex-Officio Rev’d D Turner – Rector Manningtree Benefice).
• Village Hall Management Committee; – Currently Councillors Carter, Chaplin, Nutter, and Peacock. (Also Mr B Forrester – Parish Council’s Cleaner and Warden).
• Welcome Home Field Trustees;- (Already agreed) – To note: Councillors Cambridge, Chaplin, Frost, Howell, Kent and Nutter.
• Any other Councillor Representatives – To consider.
9. Terms of Reference – Committees – To receive, consider and review/agree for the ensuing year. (Attached). Including:
• HR Committee;
• Finance Committee;
• Planning Committee.
10. Annual Review of Policies – To receive, consider and review for the ensuing year. See link. http://mistleyparishcouncil.co.uk/policies-and-procedures/
11. Standing Orders and Financial Regulations 2020/2021 – To consider and review. See above link.
12. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of 3 minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session
13. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said Reports. (Reports attached, on website and available upon request).
14. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 26th April 2021 – To receive, consider and approve. (Minutes attached, on website and available upon request).
15. Update/Matters Arising from the Parish Council Meeting Minutes held on the 26th April 2021 – To receive and note any updates.
16. Councillors Reports on Working Group Meetings – To receive brief verbal updates and agree any matters.
a) Allotment Working Group – (Councillors Cambridge, Chaplin – Chair and Coiley).
b) Signage Working Group – (Councillors Cambridge, Chaplin and Coiley – Chair).
c) Woodland Trust Trees Working Group – (Councillors Coiley, Howell and Nutter -Chair).
d) Section 106 Developer Agreements with Tendring District Council & Contributions for Mistley – (Councillors Cambridge, Coiley, Howell – Chair, Kent and Nutter).
e) Welcome Home Field (Parish Council – sole Trustee) – To consider further picnic table options and receive information from Councillors Coiley and Howell.
17. Financial Matters
• Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments since the last Meeting. (To follow). (On website and available upon request on 24.05.21).
• Annual Internal Audit Report 2020-2021 – Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) – To receive, consider and agree the Internal Auditor’s Report dated the 17th May 2021 for the year-end and any responses and recommendations. (Attached. On website and available upon request).
• Annual Return for the Year Ended 31 March 2021 – Annual Governance and Accountability Return – To receive, consider and approve/resolve the Accounts, Annual Return and Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2020-2021, along with supporting documents and to authorise the Chairman to sign the Return on behalf of the Council. (Attached. On website and available upon request).
• Playing Fields – Land South of Harwich Road – To agree the clauses within schedule 2 of the Section 106 developer agreement and handover. (Details attached and on website).
• Locum Clerk – Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting – 26th May 2021 – To agree. (Provision in budget).
• The National Allotment Association – To consider Parish Council membership. Fee £55 plus VAT p.a. – Membership fees – The National Allotment Society – National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners Ltd (nsalg.org.uk)
• Tap at Village Hall – To agree cost of installation. (Use for Watering Saplings).
• Urgent Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
18. Correspondence – To note/consider and agree the following:
• Essex County Council Highways Matters – Parking Restrictions – Furze Hill Access Road Area & Mistley Norman Primary School (reinstate) – To receive and consider the correspondence received from a resident and to note the response received from Essex County Council Highways. (Details attached and on website).
• Speeding in Mistley – To receive and consider the speed survey offer received from County Councillor Guglielimi. (Details attached and on website).
• Enquiry – Biological Project at Mistley Walls – To consider. (Details attached and on website).
• Other Correspondence – To consider and agree any urgent details received after the agenda has been distributed.
19. Dates of Next Meetings –
• Parish Council Meeting – Monday 28th June 2021 – 7.30pm – Village Hall.
• Planning Committee – Thursday 3rd June 2021 at 7.30pm – Village Hall.
• Schedule of Meetings – To confirm that the main large hall at Mistley Village Hall has been booked for all of the attached Parish Council and Planning Committee Meetings. (Attached and on website).
20. Post-Pandemic Village Celebrations – To consider.
21. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies S.1 (2) (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102 (amended 2014). The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
22. Parish Council/Village Assets – The Council is asked to receive an update and consider the next stages regarding licences, deeds, and legal representation.
Susan Clements (Assoc. CIPD) CILCA (FSLCC) – Parish Clerk
18th May 2021