MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the full Parish Council to be held at the Village Hall, Shrubland Road on Monday 25th November 2019 commencing at 7.30pm
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes for the session
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said reports (up to three minutes per report) and note any new updates. (District Councillors Report attached).
5. Policing Update – To receive any updates from PCSO Pat Smith
6. Minutes of the last full Parish Council Meeting held on the 28th October 2019 – To receive, consider and approve. (Minutes attached). (Paper copy)
7. Updates Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 28th October 2019 – To note any updates.
8. Furze Woodland Management Phased Plan – To receive a progress update and to consider and agree any matters for phase one of the suggested work.
9. Restoration of the Wall at The Green – To receive a progress update and to consider and agree any matters for phase one of the suggested work.
10. The Milestone – To receive a progress update and to consider and agree any matters for phase one of the suggested work.
11. Councillors & Clerk to Report on External Meetings Attended – To receive a brief verbal update.
a) Chairman’s Training Course – EALC (Essex Association of Local Councils) – To receive a brief verbal update from Councillors Howell and Frost.
b) Parish/Town Council Meeting with Tendring District Council (TDC) – 8th November 2019 – To receive a brief verbal update from Councillors Carter and Chaplin.
12. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments to date since the last Meeting. (To follow). (Paper copy).
b) Section 137 Grants – To consider further grant requests, including Swanwatch and the Rugby Club. (re Furze Wood work).
c) Pay as You Go Mobile Phone – To consider the purchase of a basic phone (around £30 for the phone, Sim card and £10 credit) for the Parish Council office to assist with facilitating Locum Clerk coverage and holiday cover.
d) Fun at the Furze Summer 2020 Event – To consider the request received from a local resident about this event in partnership with Lawford Parish Council and Manningtree Town Council.
e) Finance Matters – to consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
13. Correspondence – to note/agree the following:
a) Footpath Report November 2019 – To receive and note the report from the Volunteer Parish Footpath Warden. (Already received. Attached again).
b) Fly Tipping – To note the procedure for reporting. (Details already received. Attached again).
c) Free the Trees – Suffolk Coast and Heaths – Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) – To consider the correspondence received. Applies to Mistley, Essex.
d) Essex County Fire and Rescue – Public Consultation about the future of the service. Deadline 5pm 13th December 2019. (Details already received. Attached again).
e) Bus Stop (outside of Mistley Manor) – To note the correspondence received from Sir Bernard Jenkin MP. (Already received). (Attached again).
f) Tendring District Council – UK Parliamentary Election – To note the details for Thursday 12th December 2019. (Details attached).
g) FOI (Freedom of Information) Request – To note the request relating to School Crossing Patrol Staff. (Details attached).
h) Code of Conduct Training for Parish/Town Councillors – Tuesday 4th February and Tuesday 18th February 2020 – Council Chamber, Weeley from 6-8pm – To consider attendance.
i) VE Day 75th Anniversary – 8th – 10th May 2019 – To receive an update from Manningtree Town Council following its Town Council Meeting on the 21st November 2019. To note that Lawford Parish Council is not proceeding with this proposed event. To consider and agree any arrangements/possible next steps.
j) Other Correspondence – To receive any details received after the agenda has been issued.
14. Co-option of Parish Councillors Application – To receive and consider any applications for current casual co-options.
15. Councillor Kent – To consider an extension to family leave.
16. Welcome Home Trust – (Deferred from last Meeting):
a) To receive, consider and agree the Trust Deed; (Already received). (Attached again);
b) To reappoint Trustees (total of six), (currently Councillors Carter, Howell and Kent);
c) To agree bank signatories. (Recommend three);
d) To agree the next Welcome Home Trust Meeting – suggest Friday 24th January 2020 – 6pm – venue to be confirmed.
17. Mistley Rugby Club – To receive a progress update regarding the wayleave and to consider and agree any further matters.
18. Councillor and Clerk Generic Emails – To receive an update and agree “live” date for all. (Deferred from last Meeting).
19. Dog Byelaws – To consider mitigation measures regarding “Dogs on Leads” byelaws in recreational spaces around Mistley, (including Furze Hills and the Welcome Home Field). (Deferred from last Meeting).
20. Futureway Homes – To receive an update and consider any matters.
21. Dates of Next Meetings
• Full Parish Council Meeting (Budget/Precept) – Monday 16th December 2019 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
• Planning Committee – Thursday 5th December 2019 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
• Finance Committee – 6th December 2019 – 6pm in the Village Hall.
22. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) amended (2014) and the Local Government Act 1972 (s.1) (2). The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
23. Confidential Minutes of the full Parish Council Meeting held on the 28th October 2019 – The Council is asked to receive, consider and agree the Minutes. (Confidential Minutes attached). (Paper copy).
24. Update/Matters Arising’ from the Confidential full Parish Council Minutes held on the 28th October 2019 – The Council is asked to receive and note any matters/updates.
25. Staffing – To receive an update and to consider and agree any matters.