Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the full Parish Council to be held at the Village Hall, Shrubland Road on Monday 24th June 2019 commencing at 7.30pm
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive.
2. Declaration of Acceptance of Office – The Meeting will be adjourned for a short period to facilitate newly co-opted Councillors to complete and sign their respective Declaration of Acceptance of Office forms.
3. Declarations of Interest and Register of Interests – To receive any declarations. To remind all Councillors that they should complete, sign and submit their respective Register of Interests as required by the Monitoring Officer of the District Council.
4. Appointment of Councillor/s Representative/s
a) EALC – (Essex Association of Local Councils) – To agree for the ensuing year. (Deferred from the last Meeting).
b) Manningtree District Business Chamber – To agree for the ensuing year. (Councillor Burton needs to stand down from this role due to other commitments).
5. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of three minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session
6. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said reports. (Reports to follow).
7. Minutes of the last full (Annual) Parish Council Meeting held on the 20th May 2019 – To receive, consider and approve. (Minutes attached). (Paper copy)
8. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 20th May 2019 – To receive and note any updates.
9. Councillors & Clerk to Report on External Meetings Attended – To receive a brief verbal or written update, including:
a) Local Emergency Plan Meeting – 5th June 2019 – Update from Councillor Cambridge.
b) * Library Meeting – 13th June 2019 – Update from Councillor Chaplin – Vice Chairman.
c) University of Essex Annual Meeting and Summer Reception – 21st June 2019 – To receive an update from Councillor Chaplin – Vice Chairman and Councillor Cambridge.
d) Any Other Meetings Attended if updates relevant
10. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments to date since the last Meeting. (To follow). (Paper copy)
b) Furze Hill Fencing/Wire Netting – Main Car Park – To consider and agree rectifying this repair.
c) Insurance Claim – Street Lighting – To note that the Council’s insurer has appointed solicitors to recover its expenditure from the third party.
d) Essex County Council Highways – Salt Bag Partnership Scheme for Winter 2019-2020 – To receive an update regarding storage and to consider any matters.
e) Policy on Grant Approval (Section 137, Section 142 and Section 138B) – To receive, consider and agree. (Copy attached). (Paper copy).
f) Website Accessibility Review and Policy – To receive, consider, agree and adopt. (Copy attached). (Paper copy).
g) BMX Bike Track – To receive, consider and agree pursuance of a project. (Details/presentation at Meeting).
h) Bespoke Councillor Training – To receive, consider and agree. (Copy attached). (Paper copy).
i) Mistley Village Hall – To receive, consider and agree various maintenance works in accordance with the Parish Council’s responsibilities for the fabric of the building. (Details at Meeting).
j) The Localism Act 2011 (General Power of Competence) – To receive an update.
k) Council’s Bankers & Additional Councillor Signatory – To receive an update regarding the problems incurred with the Council’s bankers and to consider and agree an additional Councillor bank signatory.
l) Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
11. Correspondence – To note/agree the following:
a) Essex Heritage Trust News 2019 – To receive and note the latest news publication. (Brochure at Meeting).
b) Essex County Council Highways – Member-led Footpath Repair Programme 2019-2020 – To receive any updates and consider any additional site suggestions.
c) Rural Community Council of Essex – To receive and note the latest news publication for Spring 2019. (Brochure at Meeting).
d) The Parish Paths Partnership Scheme (P3) – To receive and agree joining the scheme and to note the aims and benefits, including training. (Brochure at Meeting).
e) The Woodland Trust – Tree of the Year National Competition – 2019 – To note that a member of the public has entered “Old Knobbly” into this. Awards and grants are available for the winning trees and runner-ups.
f) Trinity Road HGV’s – To note the issues with HGV vehicles. (Essex County Council Highways, our County Councillor and Essex Constabulary have been advised). (Local resident correspondence at Meeting).
g) Environment Agency – To note the details of the consultation of the National Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Strategy for England which runs until the 4th July 2019. (Already received).
h) Cemetery Committee – To consider and agree the recommendations of the Cemetery Committee following the request received from Pastor Gauis Phillingham.
i) Friends of Historic Essex Spring 2019 Newsletter – To note. (Already received).
j) 75th Anniversary of VE Day weekend of 8th May 2019 – To consider and agree the request received from Lawford Parish Council to join and commemorate this event. Also the Frankenberg Partnership who are celebrating 50 years of their partnership at the end of 2020. (Details attached).
k) Resignations – To receive and note the letter from Councillor Burton and Norman tendering their respective resignation due to personal commitments.
l) Manningtree Town Council – Donation of Silver Birch Tree – To consider and agree the offer of a sapling donated from HM the Queen’s Estate via District Councillor Coley, together with the preferred site on the Parish Council’s land.
12. Manningtree Town Council Request -Community Governance Review – To consider and agree a response following on from the Parish Council Meeting on the 11th March 2019. The Parish Council is being asked if it wishes to conduct a Community Governance Review (in terms of a potential amalgamation of the three parishes of Lawford, Mistley and Manningtree).
13. Co-option of Parish Councillor – To note the Notice of Vacancy in Office of a Councillor and the dates of the said notice. (Attached).
14. Co-option of Parish Councillor Applications – To receive and note any resumes received for the above for consideration at the next Parish Council Meeting and after the required legal notice period. (Attached).
15. Dates of Next Meetings
a) Full Parish Council Meeting – Monday 22nd July 2019 7.30pm in the Village Hall. Planning Committee – Thursday 18th July 2019 7.30pm.
16. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102. The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
17. Confidential Minutes of the full (Annual) Parish Council Meeting held on the 20th May 2019 – The Council is asked to receive, consider and agree the Minutes. (Confidential Minutes attached). (Paper copy).
18. Update/Matters Arising’ from the Confidential full (Annual) Parish Council Minutes held on the 20th May 2019 – The Council is asked to receive and note any matters.
19. Lawford, Manningtree and Mistley Emergency Plan – To consider and agree Volunteers.
20. Staffing – To receive an update and confirmation from the Mistley Village Hall Management Committee.
21. *Library Meeting – 13th June 2019 – To consider and agree any further matters which are considered to be commercially sensitive or confidential.