Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the
Meeting of the full Parish Council to be held at the Village Hall,
Shrubland Road on Monday 23rd September 2019 commencing at 7.30pm
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of three minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session.
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said reports and note any new updates. (Reports to follow).
5. Policing Update – To receive the email update from PCSO Pat Smith. (To follow).
6. Minutes of the last full Parish Council Meeting held on the 19th August 2019 – To receive, consider and approve.
7. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 19th August 2019 – To receive and consider any matters or note any updates.
8. Councillors & Clerk to Report on External Meetings Attended – To receive a brief verbal update.
a) Bespoke Councillor Training – 16th September 2019 – To provide a brief verbal update to Councillors who could not attend.
b) Site Meeting with Futureways – To receive a brief verbal update from Councillor Cambridge.
c) Other Meetings – To receive any updates on other Meetings attended.
9. Speeding and Parking Issues in Mistley – To receive a presentation from Mr D Blackiston from the Safer Essex Road Partnership Volunteers. (Presentation up to 10 minutes with 5 minutes for questions and answers).
10. Furze Woodland Management Phased Plan – To receive a progress update and short presentation from Mr R Horlock the Tree Warden and to consider and agree the initial phase of the suggested work.
11. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments to date since the last Meeting. (To follow). (Paper copy)
b) Grounds Maintenance Volunteer Group – To receive any updates and consider any matters.
c) Village Hall Maintenance – To consider and agree quotations for drainage work to the car park.
d) Litter Bin request – Near Mistley Towers – To consider the request received from a local resident for a litter bin on the memorial island near the Towers. (Details attached).
e) Dog Bin request – To consider the request for a dog bin at the end of the Park where it goes into the footpath to Green Lane.
f) Cycling Event – Furze Hill – To consider and agree the request received from the Colchester Rovers Cycling Club Cyclocross racing – to use Furze Hill on the 20th October 2019. (Details attached).
g) Fencing – Village Hall Area – To receive, consider and agree revised quotations. (Details attached).
h) Financial Regulations – To receive, consider and agree/adopt as updated version following NALC (National Association of Local Councils) recommendations from July 2019. (Details attached).
i) Barrier – Car Park – To consider and agree locking and unlocking. (Ref. Councillor Chaplin).
j) Street Lighting Insurance Claim – Harwich Road – To note that the Council’s insurer has claimed the £250 excess from the third party and this has been credited to the Council’s bank.
k) External Auditor – To note successful completion of the AGAR (Annual Governance and Accountability Return).
l) Insurance Renewal – To note that this is due at the end of September 2019.
m) Generic Parish Councillor Email Addresses – To consider and agree. Total cost £25. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) 2018 – good practice/recommended.
n) Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
12. Correspondence – To note/agree the following:
a) Manningtree Benefice (PCC (Parochial Church Council) of St Mary and St Michael, Mistley with Manningtree) – To receive an update regarding the proposed Water Supply. (Attached).
b) Highways England – A120 Wix Bypass – works from 23rd September 2019 for 3 weeks. (Attached).
c) The Rotary Club of Manningtree Stour Valley – To receive and consider the request to use Furze Hills for the Mayflower Walk/Run on the 17th May 2020. (Details attached).
d) New Allotment – To receive and consider the correspondence regarding vehicular access to the site and pathways. (Details attached).
e) Public Toilet – To consider the request received from Councillor Turner. (Details attached).
f) Goods Vehicle Depot – TW Logistics – To consider the correspondence received from local residents and to agree any response on behalf of the Parish Council. (Details attached).
g) Other Correspondence – received after agenda distributed.
13. Co-option of Parish Councillor (Casual Vacancy) Application – To receive, consider, and agree any applications for the current casual co-option vacancy.
14. Litter Picking Event – Saturday 19th October – 10am-11.30am. Meet at 9.45am at the Village Hall.
15. Street Lighting Column – Middlesfield Road to Harwich Road – Futureway Homes – To consider the lighting assessment by Essex Highways relating to the British standard for this classification of road.
16. Parish/Town Council Meetings with Tendring District Council (TDC) – Friday 8th November 2019 – 1.30pm – the Essex Hall, Clacton Town Hall – To consider and agree any representation/s at this Meeting regarding TDC’s budget process 2020/21 and any matters that the Parish Council would wish to discuss at the Meeting.
17. Tendring District Association of Local Councils – To consider and agree a Parish Councillor representative to join with and support Councillor Chaplin.
18. Community Rehabilitation Scheme – To receive a short presentation from Councillor Turner and to consider and agree partaking in the scheme. (Details attached).
19. Dates of Next Meetings
a) Full Parish Council Meeting – Monday 28th October 2019 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
b) Planning Committee – Thursday 3rd October 2019 7.30pm.
c) Schedule of Meetings 2020 – To consider and agree holding Planning Committee Meetings from 6.30pm – 7.30pm on Monday evenings before Parish Council Meetings. (Details attached).
20. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102. The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
21. Confidential Minutes of the full Parish Council Meeting held on the 19th August 2019 – The Council is asked to receive, consider and agree the Minutes. (Confidential Minutes attached). (Paper copy).
22. Update/Matters Arising’ from the Confidential full Parish Council Minutes held on the 19th August 2019 – The Council is asked to receive and note any matters/updates.
23. Staffing – To receive an update and to consider and agree any matters.