Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the full Parish Council to be held at the Village Hall, Shrubland Road on Monday 22nd July 2019 commencing at 7.30pm
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of three minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said reports. (Reports to follow).
5. Policing Update – To receive any written/email updates from PCSO Pat Smith.
6. Minutes of the last full Parish Council Meeting held on the 24th June 2019 – To receive, consider and approve. (Minutes attached). (Paper copy)
7. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 24th June 2019 – To receive and consider any matters or note any updates.
8. Councillors & Clerk to Report on External Meetings Attended – To receive a brief verbal update and consider any matters;
a) Rugby Pitch/overspill Car Park Site Meeting – To receive an update from Councillors Cambridge and Chaplin and to agree any matters.
b) Allotments, Shrubland Road – To receive an update from Councillors Cambridge and Chaplin and to agree any matters, including the formal Parish Councillor Allotment Representative/s for MALGA (Mistley Allotment and Gardeners Association) and to agree the associated recommended arrangements such as preferred vehicular access, paths, etc. and as discussed at the Meeting with MALGA on the 8th July 2019.
c) Mistley Place Park – To report on the Meeting held on the 2nd July 2019.
d) Other Meetings, inc. Planning & Development Committee – To receive any updates on other Meetings attended.
9. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments to date since the last Meeting. (To follow). (Paper copy)
b) Bespoke Councillor Training – To receive an update and agree any matters. (Monday 16th September 2019 – 6-8pm – Mistley Village Hall).
c) Mistley Village Hall – To receive, consider and agree quotations received. (Three sought previously, but only one received. Further two quotations sought.). (Details at Meeting).
d) Website Quotations – To receive, consider and agree. (Details at Meeting).
e) Website Accessibility – To consider and agree arrangements for audit of Website. (Deadline for legal compliance – September 2019).
f) Grants Policy – As required by Internal Audit. (Deferred from last Meeting). (Attached). (Copy already received).
g) Council’s Bankers – To receive an update regarding the Council’s complaint to its bankers and to consider and agree the compensation of £75 offered by the bank. (Details at Meeting).
h) Rural Community Council of Essex – To consider if membership is required. Cost £72.60 per annum. (Details at Meeting).
i) Audit of Keys (Parish Council & Village Hall) – To receive an update and to consider and agree any matters.
j) Canon – To receive an update regarding the previous service agreement for the previous RFO.
k) Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
10. Correspondence – To note/agree the following:
a) Citizens Advice Tendring – Residents awareness of specialist debt advice service. (Attached). (Details at Meeting).
b) Silver Birch Tree Location – (Deferred from last Meeting). To consider and agree a preferred location for this sapling (to be donated by Manningtree Town Council).
c) Volunteer Footpath Report – To receive and note. (Attached).
d) Highways England – Upcoming Works A12 J29-32 – prior notification of works. (Attached).
e) Essex County Council – Adult Mental Health Training – Course is free of charge. Would need to book Mistley Village Hall (cost implication). Minimum of 8 and maximum of 25 people. Half day.
f) Essex County Council Highways – Via Futureway Homes. To consider and agree the request and cost implications involved with removal of a lamp column in the Public Right of Way link from Middlesfield Road to Harwich Road. The Public Right of Way has now been diverted to follow the access road into the new development and the lamp column is now located within the road construction. (Details already received).
g) Cemetery – To note the letter of thanks regarding grounds maintenance works.
h) Other Correspondence – Received after agenda distributed.
11. Co-option of Parish Councillor (Casual Vacancies x 2) Applications – To receive and note/consider any resumes received for the above for consideration for interview/s co-option.
12. Furze Woodland Management Phased Plan – To receive a progress update and to consider and agree the initial phase of the suggested work. (Details at Meeting).
13. Maintenance Team – Volunteers – Hedgerows/Vegetation – To consider and agree setting up a team of Volunteers and to agree the purchase of any safety equipment.
14. Precept 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 – Match Funding PCSO Virement of Budget – To consider the decision made by the Parish Council on the 16th December 2013.
15. Speeding in Mistley, including along The Walls – To discuss and consider any mitigation measures.
16. Dates of Next Meetings
a) Full Parish Council Meeting – Monday 19th August 2019 7.30pm in the Village Hall. Planning Committee – Thursday 15th August 2019 7.30pm.
17. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102. The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
18. Confidential Minutes of the full Parish Council Meeting held on the 24th June 2019 – The Council is asked to receive, consider and agree the Minutes. (Confidential Minutes attached). (Paper copy).
19. Update/Matters Arising’ from the Confidential full Parish Council Minutes held on the 24th June 2019 – The Council is asked to receive and note any matters/updates.
20. *Community Governance Review – (Deferred from last Meeting). Request by Manningtree Town Council. The Parish Council is being asked if it wishes to conduct a Community Governance Review (in terms of a potential amalgamation of the three parishes of Lawford, Mistley and Manningtree).
21. Lawford, Mistley and Manningtree Emergency Plan – (Deferred from last Meeting). The Council is asked to consider and agree Volunteers.
22. Staffing –
a) Parish Clerk – To receive an update regarding the probationary period.
b) Other Staff – To receive any updates and agree and consider any matters.
c) *Community Governance Review – To consider and agree any potential staffing implications.