MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the full Parish Council to be held at the Village Hall, Shrubland Road on Monday 20th January 2020 commencing at 7.30pm
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes for the session
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said reports (up to three minutes per report) including noting any new updates. (Reports attached).
5. English Rural Housing Association – To receive a short presentation from Kathryn Watson, Head of Housing from English Rural Housing Association.
6. Policing Update – To receive any updates from PCSO Pat Smith via email. (Attached).
7. Minutes of the last full Parish Council Meeting held on the 16th December 2019 – To receive, consider and approve. (Minutes attached). (Paper copy)
8. Updates Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 16th December 2019 – To note any updates.
9. Furze Woodland Management Phased Plan – To receive a progress update and to consider and agree any financial matters, including the Section 137 Grant to the Rugby Club.
10. The Milestone – To receive a progress update and to consider and agree any matters, including the correspondence received from Manningtree Museum and Local History Group. (Details attached).
11. Councillors Reports on External Meetings Attended – To receive a brief verbal update.
a) Emergency Planning – To receive a verbal update from Councillor Cambridge following the Meeting held on the 18th December 2019.
b) Other Meetings – To receive an update following any other Meetings.
12. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments to date since the last Meeting. (To follow). (Paper copy).
b) Grounds Maintenance Sealed Tenders – To receive an update from Councillor Cambridge (following site visits with Councillor Nutter and contractors) and to consider and agree the successful contractors following the formal tender process.
c) 2nd & 3rd Quarter Finance Reports & Bank Reconciliations – To receive, consider and agree. (Attached).
d) Annual Appointment of RFO – To agree that the Clerk will continue in this role.
e) Annual Appointment of Internal Auditor – To consider and agree that Miss V Pretty will continue’ in this role. £200 p.a.
f) Financial Risk Management – To consider and agree the effectiveness of internal controls and audit. (Details attached).
g) A&J Lighting – Quotation – California Road/Shrubland Road – To consider the price and option. (Details attached).
h) Finance Matters – to consider and agree any urgent matter after distribution of the agenda.
13. Correspondence – to note/agree the following:
a) Corbeau Seats Rally Tendring and Clacton – To note the details of the Car Rally on the 25th and 26th April 2020. (Details already received. Attached again).
b) Essex County Council – Fostering in Essex – New Foster Carers Needed.
c) Cemetery Committee – To receive and consider the correspondence received. To receive and consider an update from the Clerk regarding the ownership documents. (Details attached).
d) Bridleway – Green Lane – To consider the request received from a local resident.
e) Essex & Herts. Air Ambulance – To receive and note the letter of thanks for the S137 Grant. (Details attached).
f) Tendring District Council (Housing) – Draft Housing Strategy – To receive, consider and agree consultation response. (Ends 31st January 2020). (Details already received). (Attached again).
g) Bowls Club – To consider and agree the invitation and suggest dates for a community Bowls Match between the Club and Parish Council.
h) Public Seat at The Walls – To consider the request received from a local resident. (Details attached).
i) Openreach – To consider the request received regarding Mistley Heath. (Details attached).
j) Other Correspondence – To receive any details received after the agenda has been issued.
14. Co-option of Parish Councillors Applications – To receive and consider any applications for current casual co-options. (Attached).
15. Mistley Rugby Club – To receive a progress update regarding the wayleave and to consider and agree any further matters.
16. Councillor and Clerk Generic Emails – To receive an update from Councillor Cambridge (following a meeting with the Council’s ICT Contractor and Councillor Nutter) and agree any matters, including the “live” date for all.
17. Dog Byelaws – To receive an update from the working group (Councillors Burton, Cambridge and Chaplin) and to consider and agree the next steps.
18. Community Governance Review – To consider and agree any matters following further legal advice received.
19. Dates of Next Meetings – Full Parish Council Meeting – Monday 17th February 2020 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall. Planning Committee – Thursday 6th February 2020 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
Susan Clements (Assoc. CIPD) CILCA (FSLCC) – Parish Clerk
10th January 2020