Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the Meeting of the full Parish Council to be held at the Village Hall, Shrubland Road on Monday 19th August 2019 commencing at 7.30pm
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of three minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said reports. (Reports to follow).
5. Policing Update – To receive the email update from PCSO Pat Smith. (To follow).
6. Minutes of the last full Parish Council Meeting held on the 22nd July 2019 – To receive, consider and approve. (Minutes attached). (Paper copy)
7. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 22nd July 2019 – To receive and consider any matters or note any updates.
8. Councillors & Clerk to Report on External Meetings Attended – To receive a brief verbal update.
a) Safer Essex Roads Partnership Meeting – 31st July 2019 – To receive an update from Councillor Chaplin and to consider and agree any matters.
b) 75th Anniversary of VE Day – weekend of 8th May 2020 – To receive an update from Councillor Chaplin and to consider and agree any matters.
c) Three Chairs Meeting (Lawford Parish Council, Manningtree Town Council & Mistley Parish Council) – To receive an update from Councillor Chaplin and to consider and agree any matters.
d) Other Meetings – To receive any updates on other Meetings attended.
9. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments to date since the last Meeting. (To follow). (Paper copy)
b) Website Accessibility – To receive an update on the audit and to receive, consider and agree the Website Accessibility Statement. (Deadline for legal compliance – September 2019). (Details attached).
c) Mistley Rugby Club – To consider and agree the request from the Club regarding an additional ground lease. (Details at Meeting).
d) Fencing Quotations – To receive, consider and agree. (Details at Meeting).
e) 1st Quarter Report – To receive, consider and agree. (Attached) (Paper copy).
f) Grounds Maintenance Volunteer Group – To consider and agree the purchase of a mower.
g) Village Hall Maintenance – To consider and agree quotations for various works to the fabric of the building. (To follow).
h) Rural Community Council of Essex – To receive, consider and agree annual membership of £72.60. (Details and update about benefits of membership attached).
i) Section 137 Grant Requests – Autumn Days Club and SARS (Suffolk Accident Rescue Service) – To receive, consider and agree grant requests received. (SARS Attached).
j) Play Area Risk Assessment – To consider and agree completion of a monthly written assessment, following a visual inspection for insurance purposes, alongside the annual play area check by a professional via Tendring District Council. (Last reviewed by the Parish Council on the 28th January 2019).
k) Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
10. Correspondence – To note/agree the following:
a) Manningtree Town Council re Wild Flower Verges – To consider and agree the Parish Council’s views on a partnership scheme with the Open Spaces Manager at Tendring District Council regarding a wildlife area east of Kiln Lane off Brooks Maltings, Mistley. (Details attached).
b) FOI (Freedom of Information Request – To note the correspondence received regarding the
Council’s Play Areas. (Details attached).
c) Chelmsford Motor Club – Corbeau Seats Rally Tendring & Clacton 2020 – 25th-26th April 2020 – To receive, consider and agree the response to this organisation. (Details attached).
d) Essex County Council Highways – Lighting Column – Futureway Homes – Middlesfield Road to Harwich Road – To receive an update regarding this matter and to consider and agree the response.
e) Other Correspondence – received after agenda distributed.
11. Co-option of Parish Councillor (Casual Vacancies) Applications – To receive, consider and agree applications for co-option.
12. Furze Woodland Management Phased Plan – To receive a progress update and to consider and agree the initial phase of the suggested work. (Details at Meeting).
13. Speeding and Parking Issues in Mistley – To consider and agree mitigation measures in conjunction with the Safer Essex Roads Partnership Volunteers.
14. The Future Library Services Strategy 2019-2024 – Essex County Council Cabinet Meeting – 23rd July 2019 – To receive an update and consider any matters. (Details attached).
15. Mistley Village Hall Management Committee AGM – 30th September 2019 – 7.30pm – Mistley Village Hall – To consider and agree any additional Parish Councillors to join the Committee in addition to Councillors Carter and Peacock.
16. Community Governance Review – To receive an update and consider any matters.
17. Dates of Next Meetings
• Full Parish Council Meeting – Monday 23rd September 2019 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
• Planning Committee – Thursday 5th September 2019 7.30pm.
18. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102. The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
19. Confidential Minutes of the full Parish Council Meeting held on the 22nd July 2019 – The Council is asked to receive, consider and agree the Minutes. (Confidential Minutes attached). (Paper copy).
20. Update/Matters Arising’ from the Confidential full Parish Council Minutes held on the 22nd July 2019 – The Council is asked to receive and note any matters/updates.
21. Staffing – To receive an update and consider and agree any matters.