EXTRAORDINARY Minutes of the full Parish Council Meeting held on 2nd July 2020 at 7.30pm via the Zoom Platform
Councillor B Burton
Councillor J Cambridge
Councillor J Chaplin (Vice Chairman of the Council)
Councillor C Howell (Chairman of the Council)
Councillor P Nutter
Mrs S Clements – Parish Clerk/Proper Officer
1. Point of Order – Councillor Nutter raised this as he advised that he was unaware of the relevant Standing Order relating to rescinding a resolution.
2. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – The Chairman welcomed everybody to the Meeting. Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Coiley, Frost, Kent and Smith. Councillors Carter and Peacock were not present and did not offer their respective apologies for absence for acceptance.
3. Declarations of Interest and Register of Interests – There were none.
4. Furze Hill Playing Fields – Use of Parish Council’s Land – Clubs/Organisations Following on from the Parish Council Meeting held on the 22nd June 2020, the Chairman of the Council was asked to call this Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting for the Council to consider its previous resolution made on the 22nd June 2020 at the last Parish Council Meeting regarding the Karate Club being given consent to use the Playing Field free of charge and being given the barrier/gate code following receipt of the Club’s satisfactory public liability insurance cover. Under 7 a) and 7 b) of its Standing Orders. “A resolution shall not be reversed within six months except either by a special motion, which requires written notice by at least 2 councillors to be given to the Proper Officer in accordance with relevant Standing Orders, or by a motion moved in pursuance of the recommendation of a committee or a sub-committee When a motion moved pursuant to standing order 7(a) above has been disposed of, no similar motion may be moved for a further six months”
A full and detailed discussion ensued. The Council considered the position regarding any formal requests for outdoor organised clubs/organisations and use of the Parish Council’s Playing Fields including the potential liability to the Council. Social distancing was discussed also. Councillor Nutter made reference’ to future income to Mistley Village Hall Management Committee from some groups for when they can return safely and use the Village Hall again. The Council considered simple terms and conditions of use of the Playing Fields by the Keep Fit Club, public liability insurance cover provided by this Club/other third parties and the car park usage and barrier gate code arrangements. Following the vote, it was agreed to ask the Karate Club and Keep Fit Club to provide the day, timing/duration, confirmation that they are liable for their respective clubs activities, confirmation that the latest social distancing guidance is being adhered to and that they have sufficient public liability cover – all of which need to be sent to the Parish Council and ask that a voluntary donation be made each week to the Village Hall Management Committee. This being a temporary arrangement until such time as the Village Hall reopens. (Proposed by Councillor Burton and seconded Chaplin).
5. Dates of Next Meetings
• Full Parish Council Meeting – Monday 20th July 2020 at 7.30pm – Meeting via the Zoom platform.
• Planning Committee – Thursday 2nd July 2020 at 7.30pm – Meeting via the Zoom platform.
There being no other business the Meeting closed at 7.29pm.