Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the
Meeting of the ANNUAL Parish Council to be held at the Village Hall,
Shrubland Road on Monday 20th May 2019 commencing at 7.30pm
A G E N D A
1. Nomination of Chairman and Declaration of Acceptance of Office’ – To propose, consider and agree the Chairman of the Council to serve for the ensuing year. Previous Chairman/previous Councillor of the Council to take the Chair for this item only. (New Chairman of the Council to take the Chair at this point and for the remainder of the Meeting).The new Chairman then signs the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
2. Nomination of Vice Chairman and Declaration of Acceptance of Office’ – To propose, consider and agree the Vice Chairman of the Council to serve for the ensuing year. The new Vice Chairman then signs the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
3. Declaration of Acceptance of Office – At this point the Meeting will be adjourned for a short period so that all other Councillors of the new Council can sign their Declaration of Acceptance of Office forms with the Proper Officer/Clerk of the Council.
4. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive.
5. Declarations of Interest and Register of Interests – To receive any declarations of interest at any point in the Meeting. To remind all Councillors to complete to complete and submit their respective Register of Interests.
6. Dispensations – To receive and consider any written dispensations.
7. To consider and agree the Appointment and Composition of Parish Council Committees – Councillors will have already have considered their respective preferences and nominations in advance of the Meeting. (The nomination of Chair and Vice Chair of these Committees will be the first items of business at the first relevant new Committee Meetings). Includes:
- Planning Committee;
- Finance Committee;
- HR/Personnel Committee;
- Cemetery Committee
8. To consider and agree the Appointment of Councillor Representatives;
- Trustees of the Rigby and Berry Charity;
- Tendring District Association of Local Councils;
- Essex Association of Local Councils (EALC);
- Transport and Community Rail Partnership;
- Footpath Representative;
- Tree Warden;
- Village Hall Management Committee;
- Welcome Home Field Trustees;
- Tendring Older People’s Forum;
- Tri-Parish Emergency Planning Committee
- Manningtree District Business Chamber
9. Terms of Reference – Committees – To receive, consider and agree for the ensuing year. (Attached). (Agreed on 28th January 2019).
10. Annual Review of Policies – To adopt for the ensuing year. (Attached). (Agreed on 28th January 2019).
11. Standing Orders and Financial Regulations 2019 2020 – To adopt for the ensuing year, includes legal updated required changes. (Copies attached).
12. Code of Conduct – To agree to continue to adopt for the four-year period. (Attached)
13. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of three minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session
14. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said Reports. (To follow).
15. Minutes of the last full Parish Council Meeting held on the 23rd April 2019 – To receive, consider and approve. (Minutes attached).
16. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 23rd April 2019 – To receive and note any updates.
17. Councillors/Clerk to Report on External Meetings attended – To receive any brief verbal or written updates.
18. Co-options – To consider and agree to co-opt by causal vacancies following the May 2019 uncontested Election.
19. Co-opted Casual Vacancies – To receive, consider and agree by resolution the applications to fill these seats. (Resume/s attached).
20. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters
- Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments to date since the last Meeting and any other urgent payments after the issue of this agenda. (To follow);
- Annual Internal Audit Report 2018-2019 – Annual Governance and Accountability Return – To receive, consider and agree by Resolution. (To follow).
- Annual Return for the Year Ended 31 March 2019 – Annual Governance and Accountability Return To receive, consider, sign and agree by Resolution. (Attached).
- New Allotments – Land off of Pound Corner – To consider and agree any matters.
- Essex County Council (ECC) Community Initiatives Fund – To receive any updates.
- Furze Hill Fencing/Wire Netting – Main Car Park – To receive, consider and agree updates.
- Bank Signatories – To consider, agree/reaffirm these for the ensuing year.
- Street Lighting Insurance Claim – To note that the Council’s insurer agreed on the 26th April 2019 to pay for the reconnection fees of £789.00.
- Acorn Village – To consider the grant request. (Details attached).
- Finance & Other Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
21. Correspondence – To note the following:
- Networking Meeting – Chairman of Mistley and Lawford Parish Councils and Manningtree Town Council with District Councillors and County Councillor – To note the Meeting on the 22nd May 2019 at 10am at Lawford Parish Council’s Meeting Room for the new Chairman of Mistley Parish Council.
22. Manningtree and Mistley Cemetery Committee Meeting – 24th April 2019– To receive, consider and agree the recommendations, including the scale of fees and Committee Terms of Reference. (Details attached).
23. Dates of Next Meetings
- 7.30pm in the Village Hall. Planning Committee – Thursday 30th May 2019 and Full Parish Council – Monday 24th June 2019;
24. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102. The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public and the Press, since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
25. Confidential Minutes of the full Parish Council Meeting held on the 23rd April 2019 – The Council is asked to receive, consider and agree the Minutes. (Confidential Minutes attached – Parish Councillors only).
26. Update/Matters Arising from the Confidential full Parish Council Minutes held on the 23rd April 2019 – The Council is asked to receive and note any matters.
27. Emergency Plan – To consider and agree the latest draft for Lawford, Manningtree and Mistley (Copy attached).