MISTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Mistley Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to the
Meeting of the full Parish Council to be held at the Village Hall,
Shrubland Road on Monday 28th October 2019 commencing at 7.30pm
A G E N D A
1. Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive.
2. Declarations of Interests – To receive any declarations.
3. Public Voice – To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of three minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session.
4. District and County Councillors Reports – To note written reports and to clarify any points from the said reports and note any new updates. (District Councillor Report attached).
5. Policing Update – To receive a short presentation from PCSO Pat Smith.
6. Minutes of the last full Parish Council Meeting held on the 23rd September 2019 – To receive, consider and approve. (Minutes attached). (Paper copy)
7. Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 23rd September 2019 – To receive and consider any matters or note any updates.
8. Speeding and Parking Issues in Mistley – To receive a presentation from Mr D Blackiston from the Safer Essex Road Partnership Volunteers. (Presentation up to 5 minutes with 5 minutes for questions and answers).
9. Furze Woodland Management Phased Plan – To receive a progress update and to consider and agree any matters for phase one of the suggested work.
10. Restoration of wall at The Green – To consider information and agree any support.
11. Councillors & Clerk to Report on External Meetings Attended – To receive a brief verbal update.
a) Mistley Rugby Club Meeting – To consider and agree the request from the Rugby Club following a site meeting on the 1st October 2019 with Councillors Cambridge and Howell. The Club is requesting a wayleave agreement with the Parish Council for the provision of underground electrical cables across the Council’s land to facilitate power to the Clubhouse. (Letter attached).
b) Other Meetings – To receive any updates on other Meetings attended.
12. Clerk and RFO (Responsible Financial Officer) Matters:
a) Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments to date since the last Meeting. (To follow). (Paper copy).
b) Section 137 Grants – To receive, consider and agree. (Details attached).
c) Barrier – Car Park – Village Hall – To receive an update from Councillors Cambridge and Nutter following the mini-feasibility exercise and to consider any matters further.
d) Precept – To note receipt of the second instalment of £30,500.
e) Grounds Maintenance Sealed Tender Process – To consider and agree the schedule of works for i) The Cemetery and Closed Churchyard and ii) Other Grounds areas around Mistley. (Details attached).
f) Confidentiality Agreement – Mistley Computers – To note the agreement. (Details attached).
g) Manningtree District Business Chamber – To agree the annual membership fee of £35. (Details attached).
h) Finance Committee – To agree an additional member to join this Committee. To also agree the next Meeting on Friday 6th December 2019 at 7.30pm (Grounds Maintenance Tenders and Draft Budget 2020-2021/Precept – for full Parish Council Meeting – 16th December 2019).
i) Finance Matters – to consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
13. Correspondence – to note/agree the following:
a) Community Specials Constables – To consider and agree (in principle) the concept of joining the scheme with Lawford Parish Council and Manningtree Town Council, should the temporary pause to the scheme be removed. (Request received via Lawford Parish Council). The cost per Officer is £1,000 pa. (Details attached).
b) English Rural Housing Association – To note the social rented housing at Heathview Close, Mistley (Deadline 24th October 2019 – Details already received).
c) Alresford Neighbourhood Plan 2019 – To note the Pre-Submission Consultation (regulation 14) – Already received.
d) Furze Hill Activity – To note the Volunteer and Community Engagement Team short activity during the half term week, together with donated Children’s books. (Half hour on one day).
e) FOI (Freedom of Information) Request – To note the request received from Children and Families Across Borders (CFAB), London relating to Looked After Children.
f) Other Correspondence – received after agenda distributed.
14. Co-option of Parish Councillor (Casual Vacancy) Application – To receive, consider, and agree the publicity for this vacancy and to receive any applications for the current casual co-option vacancy. (Details attached).
15. Litter Picking Event – Saturday 19th October – to receive an update and agree future arrangements/grant application for own equipment.
16. Street Lighting Column – Middlesfield Road to Harwich Road – Futureway Homes – To receive an update and consider any matters.
17. Parish/Town Council Meetings with Tendring District Council (TDC) – Friday 8th November 2019 – 1.30pm – the Essex Hall, Clacton Town Hall – reminder about this Meeting and TDC’s budget process 2020/21. (Already agreed that Councillors Chaplin and Howell will attend).
18. Quarterly Play Area Risk Assessments (written) – To consider and agree a Councillor rota system. (Details attached).
19. Councillor and Clerk Generic Emails – To receive an update and agree “live” date for all.
20. Dog Byelaws – To consider mitigation measures regarding “Dogs on Leads” byelaws in recreational spaces around Mistley, (including Furze Hills and the Welcome Home Field).
21. The Walls – Food Vendors – To receive an update and agree future arrangements for small tables and chairs in relation to conformity.
22. Welcome Home Trust –
a) To receive, consider and agree the Trust Deed; (Attached);
b) To reappoint Trustees (total of six), (currently Councillors Carter, Howell and Kent).
c) To agree bank signatories. (Recommend three).
23. Dates of Next Meetings
• Full Parish Council Meeting – Monday 25th November 2019 7.30pm in the Village Hall.
• Planning Committee – Thursday 7th November 2019 7.30pm.
• Schedule of Meetings 2020 – To receive and note. (Agreed at the last Meeting). (Attached).
24. Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102. The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public (and the Press if present), since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
25. Confidential Minutes of the full Parish Council Meeting held on the 23rd September 2019 – The Council is asked to receive, consider and agree the Minutes. (Confidential Minutes attached). (Paper copy).
26. Update/Matters Arising’ from the Confidential full Parish Council Minutes held on the 23rd September 2019 – The Council is asked to receive and note any matters/updates.
27. Staffing – To receive an update and to consider and agree any matters.